Abram Eli's Birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2009, 10:57 AM
*Hayley*
Due to many weeks of Abram measuring big, and an ultrasound estimating weight at 9lbs on the 13th of October, my doctor decided to induce me on Friday the 16th. I was extremely nervous, but after a few weeks of false labor and a few days to accept the induction I felt emotionally prepared. The morning of the 16th I called the hospital at 6:30 to see if they had any available beds, at which point the nurse told me to call back in another couple of hours (the lady was a basket case and luckily she was gone by the time I came in).

At 9 A.M. I called back and was told to take my time, eat breakfast and come in. We arrived at the hospital shortly after 10 and by 10:30 I was hooked up to pitocin. When I arrived at the hospital I was dilated to 1cm and 50% thinned. Pitocin was on allll day until about 6:30 when the doctor came in and broke my water. At that point I was only at 2cm, but as soon as he was finished breaking the bag I was instantly at 4. About 45 min later I asked for the epidural because I was hurting pretty bad. The anesthesiologist came in not 5 minutes later and set things up. During that time the doc who broke my water left and a new doctor came in. She introduced herself and chatted with me for a while. About 30 minutes after the epidural was in, I was still having bad pains in my right side with each contraction. This is the same thing that happened when I was in labor with DS#1. The doctor this time, however, knew what she was doing and came in with a shot that helped to disburse the medication. It didn't work completely, but enough so that my pain level was very tolerable. At 8 p.m. my nurse said that she would leave us to rest and come back at 10 to check, but to call her if I had any pressure. She actually came back every 30 minutes after that to check my pain level and around 9:30 I told her I was feeling some pressure. She checked me and said "your baby is ready to be born".

The nurse calls for the doctor and help getting the room set up. It takes her about 5-10 minutes and then she has be to a practice push. I could feel him coming down a lot and she said that I had make great progress. She wanted me to do another practice push with the next contraction. When the next one came around she yelled at me to stop because his head was coming out, lol. It was the most amazing feeling. When that contraction ended, I could feel him moving back inside, which was again, amazing but totally weird. She told me not to push and was yelling in the hallway that she needed the dr. immediately. I sat through one contraction without pushing which was hard and by the next one the doctor was there and he she gave me the go ahead. He was out in that one contraction with no tearing, vacuum, or episiotomy needed. Abram Eli weighed 9lb 5oz and was 22in long. His cry is almost identical to Cohen's when he was a newborn.

Cohen LOVES his Abe and it is such a treat to see him give kisses and ask to "hold it" all the time.

Tomorrow Abe will be two weeks old. He is a good baby who eats, sleeps and poops around the clock. He spits up a little after each feeding typically which is new for us because Cohen never did, but seems to be very happy overall. We all just love him to pieces.
October 29th, 2009, 11:35 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, what a wonderful story. Sounds like your birth experience was pleasant.

October 29th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Snowpeas
Sounds like a wonderful experience!!

Congratulations and so glad big brother is adjusting so well!
November 9th, 2009, 07:35 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search