Brooklin Mary 10/26

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Super Mommy
Well Monday morning around 230am I woke up with lower back pain. I thought nothing of it and tried to get comfortable. As I continued to toss and turn I felt bad bc I could tell I was waking DH. I went to the couch thinking well maybe I could get more comfortable there, or at the least stop waking DH. I continued to wake here and there all night with horrible back pain.

In the morning I got up, had to get DD ready for school, and do that whole morning thing, all the while I realized I was indeed having contractions. I had been contracting on and off for the past few weeks prior, as most of you know, so I again, thought nothing of it really. I got her over to school at 830am and came home. I tried doing somethings to ease my mind and occupy myself, but it seemed that the contractions were much stronger and I then started wondering, because I would have to stop doing whatever I was doing everytime I got one. I didnt want it to be labor because it was the one day my midwife told me she couldnt come in.

At about 910am I opened up the contraction master timer on my computer and started timing them. They were averaging about 8-9 min. apart at first and lasting a good 35-40 seconds each. They were strong let me tell you. I called DH and talked to him a little, as normal daily procedure, and mentioned them casually because he had to go to another job site an hour and a half away from home that day. I didnt want him to get freaked out was my reasoning, but really I was trying to keep calm bc he was so far away.

At this point I tried water, and walking and everything I remember making the contractions stop before, and nothing was working. During all of this I had gotten a text from my little sister asking if she could stop by, of course I had told her yes, but an hour later I was really wondering where she was. I wanted her at the house so I could get in the shower and someone could watch DS. At 11am I called her and asked her if she was indeed coming, and when she said yes, I said well hurry up I think I may be in labor and need to take a shower to know for sure. She showed up like 4 min later lol. I did take a shower and while it was a huge relief during contractions, they didnt stop. At this point I was running about 4 min apart.

At 1pm I got a call from DH saying he was on his way back to his normal job site which is only 30 min from the house, and the hospital. I calmly told him I was in labor, I thought, and that my sister was going to take me in to make sure, and that I would call him, if the nurses did say I was in labor. I got there around 130pm or so and was at 5, and after laying down for an hour my contractions had become irregular again at 3-8 min apart. She asked all the routine questions and then asked where my DH worked. WHen I told her she said to "call him". So we did, well my sister did, she was a little more excited and unprepared for a day of laboring then I was, so when she called him he thought it was "NOW" lol He called my grandmother on his way to the hospital freaking out. When I called him with a list of a few things I forgot and to grab from the house before he came up, I realized he was under the impression his attendance was urgent lol it was cute. When I explained he seemed much better.

Later that day my sister, and DS had been picked up and because I was progressing very slowly. They thought Brooklin could be posterier bc of the time it was taking me to progress on my own. I had tried the shower, the birthing ball, all of it and at 7pm I was finally hitting transition and asking for the epi. at 7and a half cm. I was proud of myself, but exhausted. I got my epi and felt such relief, and wanted to sleep. DH at that point was also tired, but for some reason we didnt fall asleep. At 730 they broke my water and started pitocin to amplify the contractions. I didnt realize at this point what the doctor meant but she said "the fluid looks clear, but all I see is blood" I just thought it was bc I was having A LOT of bloody show.

At 830pm he went out for a cigarette bc I had just been checked and supposedly only at 8 but nearly complete during a contraction, which they didnt seem worried about. The rest I remember so vividly, almost like it was in slow motion. The whole time he was gone I felt the need to push it started the second he left the room. By the time he walked back in at 836 I yelled at him before the door was all the way open to get the nurse Im pushing!! 5 mins and 3 hard pushes later she was out. It seemed so much easier than with my first two, but I think I knew that if I yelled and cried she was going to take longer, so I just got mad and pushed. She was beautiful!!! Born at 841pm on Monday October 26th, 6lbs9oz and 19 3/4 inches long. We are blessed again!

Immediatly all my attention was turned to the doctor, who was concerned for me. I was hemoriging (spelling) she couldnt get the placenta out, and were preping for the worst. SHe asked about my previous placental abruption, and if I needed surgery or a blood transfusion. I needed both last time. She had me pushing to try and help ease the placenta out. Finally it did come out, I took a deep breath of relief. They upped the pitocin so my uterus would stop bleeding and explained to me what happened.

I went into labor bc I had started abrupting. My placenta was one third clotted. Meaning it tore away and was only two thirds healthy. My bag of water was completely blood. I was lucky, if I had not gone into labor on my own that day, there could have been a very different outcome. I know someone was looking out for me and my beautiful daughter. We are lucky!!

Im glad to be home, and thank you everyone for the thoughts and prayers during labor, it obviously helped!! Im sorry it was so long. Thanks for reading

Thank you so much HarleighJanes.Mama for my perfectly perfect siggy!!!

October 30th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so glad you had an angel looking out for you two, congrats Mama

October 30th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Julie_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow you were lucky! I'm glad all is well and that you have another beautiful daughter. Congratulations!

October 30th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
I'm glad everything is ok and you and your baby girl are healthy! and yay for an easy delivery!!!!

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!
October 30th, 2009, 11:50 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
So glad all is well with baby! Thank goodness for angels!

October 31st, 2009, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
thank goodness things happened when they did. yay for an easy delivery!

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 31st, 2009, 05:47 PM
~*Angela*~'s Avatar aka hack with a camera
What a great birth story with the best kind of ending! So glad she is here and healthy!

**Thanks claire1979 for my awesome siggy!**
November 1st, 2009, 09:43 PM
EOD_wife's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow courtney, i am so glad it turned out alright!!! congrats on the beautiful baby girl!

November 2nd, 2009, 01:49 AM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so so glad that it turned out the way it did! congrats momma!!

November 2nd, 2009, 09:41 AM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad to hear the two of you are healthy and safe.
November 9th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Sariedakota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Despite the little scare at the end, YAH for a healthy and happy delivery!! WOW, 5 minutes of pushing.. I hope I can push that fast Congrats on your beautiful little Brooklin!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search