Peyton Marie born oct 9th

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2009, 03:37 PM
Peytonsmomma
sorry it's taken me so long to update everyone
Peyton's original due date was oct. 11th
she was born oct. 9th weighing 8lbs, 13.5 oz!!! OMG!!!!! @ 2:22am, & 20 1/2 inches long
Oct. 5th was my 39th week apt. i got checked i was almost a 2 but not there yet
well on the way home he contractions started, they went all day tuesday the 6th so i went to the hospital that night around 11pm and it turned out to be false labor, BUT i was at a 2!!! yay!!! i was so happy!!! they sent me home saying that it could be the start of early labor but since my contx had stopped they didn't want to keep me, well wouldn't you know the minute i got into the car they started again!!! the little turkey!!! so i went home, and labored all night long taking a million baths, wednesday the 7th i walked everywhere!! I wanted her OUT!!!! still having contx and horrible back labor!! Well i thought my water broke in the middle of the night so i waited till 8 am to call my midwife they told me to come in that afternoon, so i went in they said nope your water hasn't broke!! Gosh! i was upset! i was hoping the 8th would be the day, she asked if i wanted checked i said sure why not but i knew nothing would be different! well she barely got her finger in and she starts saying OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH!! Ok so then i start freaking out cuz hello i'm laying there spread eagle with her saying that, she goes hunny you are at a 4!!!!! so let me strip your membranes! so she did and sent me home, b/c she said the water hadn't broke yet so she didn't want to admit me, i got home at 3:30 and started having horrible contractions i mean i was crying my eyes out and i hadn't done that before, well dakota ( the babie's dad) worked about 2 hrs away i called him and said he needed to come ASAP cuz i was having this baby! we got to the hospital 2 hrs laters, ( yes he went 100 mph home lol! ) and checked in @ 5:30, i was already at a 5!!! wooohooo!!!! i was not going home!!! so i sat in the tub @ the hospital and honestly i should have just stayed there, in 1 hr i was at a 7! so they rushed the epidural, and that didn't hurt @ all, blowing out my veins on my arms hurt worse than that, but my water broke during my epidural and my goodness the water poured out for 15 minutes straight!!!! well needless to say my epidural did not work!!!! i kept telling the nurse i feel like i have to go to the bathroom! can you check me??? nope she wouldn't, @ 10:30 she finally checked me and i was @ a 10!!! she was astonished that i had dialated so quick with this being my first!! so we were all making bets that she would come by midnight since i had gone so fast! well i started pushing @ 11:15pm AND 3 HRS LATER, PUSHING EVERY TWO MINUTES WITH 3 PUSHES @ TIME!!!! I felt every contraction uggh!!! she came out, now here's the tricky part, i felt everything, they kept telling me once her head comes out everything will smoothly come out! HAHAHAHAHAH!!!! her eyes came out first, 20 minutes later her cheeks came out with me pushing, 45 minutes later one shoulder came out as they reached up inside me and twisted her shoulders out, if i could have kicked them i would have feeling everything, panicking the whole time Oh don't forget screaming the whole time it was awful, but i didn't tear or rip or get cut down there I am so thankful i had a awesome midwife and nurse who was there the whole time, my sister was my labor coach and yes she held my head down a few times yelling in my face b/c nothing would calm me down, dakota her dad he was bruised by how hard i was squeezing him.
I got a mirror to watch her be born which was the coolest thing ever!!!
she was supposed to be not even 7lbs! but she was 8lbs 13.5 oz!
and perfect! please check her out on my facebook look under Stefanie Steele, i live in Washington
October 31st, 2009, 03:47 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
congrats! love the name...
November 1st, 2009, 11:59 AM
*Hayley*
gosh i don't know how you lasted pushing three hours!!! I was passing out in between contractions with my first after pushing an hour and a half. congrats!!
November 2nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
Peytonsmomma
hayley, not sure how i did it either! i know we were joking in between contractions though, and they had nothing to focus on in there but we made it!
November 8th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Snowpeas
Wow, sounds like a tough delivery but so glad she's here and healthy.

I also got to see my little one born because of a mirror and it was a great experience.

Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search