Autumn Rose's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2009, 05:28 PM
Veteran
Autumn Rose Williams
Born October 26, 2009
Weight 9lbs 6oz
Length 22”

So after waiting for little miss Autumn to come naturally we finally scheduled an induction for October 26 at 41w2d. So it all started on Sunday, October 25. We checked into the hospital at 7pm and got set up and put on the moniters. At 8pm they put in a cervix softener to get things ready for morning. By 12am the contractions started mild but annoying so I took a sleeping pill to help me get some sleep before the big day. However, the pill did nothing and I was up all night with the mild/moderate contractions. About this time the back labor started too and we realized she was facing the wrong direction so at 6am they let me get up and take a shower and move around to hopefully help convince her to turn. When they checked me at 7am I was 4cm and 80% effaced. So back on the monitors I went and got started on the pictocin. The contractions started picking up and within the hour were 3-5min apart. The contractions themselves weren’t so bad at first but the back labor……ouch! After a while I decided to get out of bed and sit on the birthing ball which helped a little. Going into this I had stated that I really wanted a natural childbirth and no epidural but was open since I didn’t know what exactly to expect. Well I didn’t get my natural childbirth since I had to be induced but I was still hoping to be able to cope with the pain and make it without the epidural. Well around 10am that plan was thrown out the window J I turned to my hubby and told him I wanted the epidural and I wanted it NOW! lol I have never seen Jacob act so fast (I think he was just sitting and praying I’d ask) Within seconds my nurse was there, checked me, and I was 6cm and 90% effaced so she sent for the anestesioligist. It took him about 20 min to get there and I have NEVER been so happy to see someone in my life. By this time I was in so much pain I was worried I wouldn’t be able to sit still for the epidural and they checked me one more time and in 20 min I had went from 6cm to 8cm and 100%. Well within a few minutes the epidural was in and I was feeling GREAT! By noon they told me I was fully dilated and ready to push….only problem…I couldn’t feel a thing. So we started with some practice pushes as they explained what to do. After 30min of getting pretty much nowhere they turned off my epidural and almost doubled the pictocin with hopes that the pictocin would kick in and I would feel to push before the epidural completely ran out. They assured me the epidural would still last for quite a while they just wanted me to feel to push. Well after pushing for 2 hours my epidural officially ran out of steam. My midwife was feeling the baby and realized she was going be very large and was worried I wouldn’t be able to push her out. She started talking c-section and I started freaking out and begging her to please let me keep trying! I really didn’t want a c-section and I knew I could do it. She said I could try for a little bit longer but needed to prepare myself for the idea. Well I gave in all I had and just after 2pm they called in everyone to get ready for baby and at 2:18 (with no epidural) Autumn Rose Williams was born 9lbs 6oz. I only had one small internal tear that needed two stitches. Both my midwife and I were amazed that it wasn’t worse with such a large baby. As soon as they were done I got to try feeding her and she did great. The next morning they checked her for jaundice and her levels where high so we had to put her under the blue lights for a couple days to get them down. It’s now almost a week later and she is doing great! It’s amazing how fast it goes. Her jaundice is officially going away (had her first drop in numbers yesterday) and she is breastfeeding like a champ. What a sweet little baby girl! Will add pics soon

Thank you so much to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my beautiful siggy!
November 2nd, 2009, 05:27 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow what a birth story.

Congrats again

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

November 5th, 2009, 04:49 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Congrats Momma! I can't wait to see pics!

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
November 7th, 2009, 03:28 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
congrats!
November 8th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Snowpeas
Wow. So glad you were able to deliver her vaginally.

Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search