Madeline Alisa's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2009, 08:23 AM
jmhick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Madeline Alisa was born
On Monday, October 26, 2009 at 12:41pm
Weighing 7 pounds, 5 ounces and 19 inches long

Surprisingly enough, I did get some sleep the night before. We woke up about 8:00am, took showers, gathered everything we needed, loaded the car, and then headed to the hospital at 10am. Once we got there, my mom and dad met us at the ER to check in to help with all out belongings. We then headed back to labor and Delivery where I got in my gown, hooked up to monitors, took all the vital signs, ect. About 10:30 Pop came in for a short Ultrasound to see if she was still breech, yep she was. Shortly after 10:45am All of our wonderful family came in to see us before Maddie’s arrival. About 11:15 Brant was getting hungry, so he and my dad headed to grab a bite before noon, when we would roll on back to deliver. The clock hit 12, and the nerves started to sink it – for me that’s getting really cold and shaky J.

Brant made it back, changed into his awesome Doctor clothes, then about 12:14 they rolled me back to have the spinal while Brant waited in the room. Once in the room, I was really cold so they put a hot blanket over me, I had to sit on the side of the bed and lean as far over as I could. This was hard, being I was cold and shaking with a big belly. The anesthesiologist talked me through everything he was doing. He scrubbed my back with probably iodine, and then he started to prep for the spinal. It was a good 10-15 minutes until they said ok here goes the spinal. It didn’t hurt at all – they numb you where the needle goes, I did feel lots of burning as the medicine was going in, but other than that it wasn’t bad. Shortly after that was inserted they laid me on my back and asked how I was feeling, ect. The nurses and Dr. started to continue all the prepping, then I heard them say, Ok go get dad – Before this, I asked when he was coming, b/c I was getting a little nervous. So, he finally came in, I don’t know what time it was I think about 12:30.

Then the delivery began. I felt lots of pulling movements, but had no pain or anything. Brant was talking to me, then I asked him to hold my hand b/c it felt so weird. As soon as he grabbed my hand, I told him to start talking about computer stuff (haha) b/c I was filling lots of tugging. As soon as he started talking, I heard Pop saying dad get your camera, Brant didn’t hear him say that, so the nurse and I both said get the camera…he jumped up and as soon as he jumped up, I heard crying. As soon as I heard crying, I lost it and started crying too. I think she was crying in the belly b/c as soon as she was out she cried and cried and cried. I heard Brant say she’s beautiful, I asked if it’s a girl J. Then he sat back down and I could see smiles and happiness in his eyes. The nurse brought her so I could see her before getting cleaned. Couldn’t believe the dark hair she had.

Once cleaned, dad brought her over to me to see her some more and she was with us for a while, then they took her back. They finished closing me up while Brant went with Maddie. Before leaving the delivery room, Pop said you will have to zoom down the hall otherwise you will get swarmed by the mob – hehe- I thought that was hilarious! Finally, I was done and went to a recovery room. My mom and Amy came back to see me, then I just waited for Brant to come back and tell me all her details. When he did I asked how much she weighed, he said 7.5 pounds – which I assumed she would be much bigger, but she’s still perfect! Then Brant went to tell me that something was wrong with her. I started to get a little scared, then he went to tell me she swollowed some fluid while delivering, so they were running test and such to make sure she was ok. This caused her to be in NICU to be monitored and have IV’s with antibiotics so she wouldn’t get an infection from the fluids. Everyone insured me this is normal and it happens to babies all the time. So, while Brant and others got to see her, I didn’t get to see her until 8pm that night. It was very hard, but I got to see all the photos of her until I had my chance in person.

At midnight Tuesday, Brant and I got to go down and see little Maddie and even feed her – it was awesome! By Tuesday afternoon, I was able to walk around and start moving on my own. This actually wasn’t bad at all. The worst part, which wasn’t that bad, was getting out of the bed. Walking wasn’t bad and I wanted to heal quicker, so I was determined to walk! I went to NICU at every visit to feed and hold Maddie, she was so sweet and cute in there – the perfect little angel. On Wednesday, we got some awesome news and that was she was being moved into her own bed, which means she didn’t have to be under the lights or hooked up to IV’s anymore. YAY!!! So, of course, I’m thinking will she get to come home with us? Not sure yet. Wednesday morning Brant and I took a CPR course, it was kind of fun and good to learn, after leaving the CPR lesson, Maddie’s NCUI nurse said I heard she will probably get to go home with ya’ll tomorrow – WHAT? YAY!!!!!!!!!!! We were so excited, so she told us to get the car seat so she can be fitted and prepare for her to go home. Sure enough, Maddie was perfect, Wednesday afternoon and night she got to come to our room to be fed and we could keep her with us for however long we wanted. Thursday morning, I woke up about 8am and was anxious to know if all 3 of us were going home….and we were. About 10am Maddie was discharged, then we called my nurse to discharge me. After being discharged we got her packed up in the car seat, gathered all of our stuff and headed out the door. WHOA! The 3 of us were in the car and we were going home…no more hospital bed, no more hospital food, no more of that…just the comfort of our home!

Last edited by jmhick; November 7th, 2009 at 06:20 AM.
November 6th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Doodle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she's so sweet and my goodness! look at all that hair!!

November 6th, 2009, 11:59 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
What a great story Jae!!! Sounds like all went well!

November 6th, 2009, 12:15 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
oh Jae, she's so absolutely perfect! Great birth story - I hope to avoid a c-section but it's nice to get a detailed account of yours just in case...and it sounds like yours went well other than her brief stint in NICU. Glad you were able to take her home so quickly - hope you're resting some and recovering quickly from the c-section!

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
November 6th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
shes a beautiful lil girl!! thanks for sharing your birth story!

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!
November 6th, 2009, 05:47 PM
electriclids's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats your beautiful baby girl
November 7th, 2009, 05:57 PM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
She is an adorable little thing!
November 7th, 2009, 11:47 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She does have some gorgeous hair for sure! I love it! She is absolutely beautiful! Congrats

November 9th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Sariedakota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
She's precious!!!! Congrats on your beautiful little Madeline!!!

November 9th, 2009, 03:45 PM
TayAnd2Angels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love her already

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search