Derrick Judge's birth story-11/3

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to countryjewelsc
We were sure we were going to have an October baby, but he had other plans. I started having regular contractions at 38 weeks, and made 2 trips to L&D in the last two weeks, one where they were sure we were gonna have him...but he just wasn't ready. My due date was November 1, and for the last week and a half I had been having elevated BP and headaches and vision issues to go along with it. My due date was November 1, so my dr decided if he wasn't here by then, we would induce the following Monday (Nov 2). All weekend, no baby yet, so we went in as scheduled at 5:30am on Nov 2 to start cervadil. The nurse checked me when they inserted the cervadil, I was at 1cm, and still pretty thick. She told me there's a chance it could put me into full blown labor, or, a small chance we could be sent home that night and told to come back in the morning to try again. So, Monday, I sat there all day...long boring day, they wouldn't let me get out of bed for anything. The nurse told me she wouldn't check me again until they came to take it out, or I was having a lot of contractions. After all the contractions I'd been having all during the past 2 weeks, of course they had to stop for Monday. I didn't have any contractions until abour 4:00pm Monday afternoon, I had 4, they were very mild. At 5pm the nurse came to check me, she said it had worked, that I had thinned out a good deal, but I was still at 1cm. She told me we were going home, and that I was to go see my dr in his office the following day at 9am.
We got home Monday night around 6pm and ate dinner. I was still having mild contractions, but I wasn't thinking much about it, since I had been dealing with it for the past 2 weeks. Warning, TMI coming up: I did have my bloody show right after dinner. I felt a little gush of fluid and when I went to the bathroom I saw a little blood, like the start of AF. I sat down on the toilet and felt something 'gooey' pass, when I wiped I saw 2 moderate size clots, I still didn't feel clean, so wiped again, another moderate size clot, and lots of blood streaked mucous. I told my mom about this, but didn't think too much of it still. I was so disapointed from the induction not really working and being past my due date, I went to bed at 8:30 that night.
Around 11:30pm I was woken up by this horrible pain. I was able to get laid back down and almost back to sleep, and I felt another pain, about 7-8 min after the first. I had a few more, and realizing these contractions were different than the one's I'd been feeling, started timing them. By 1am they were 6 minutes apart, by 2am they were 5 minutes apart and lasting 60-90 seconds each. This went on for an hour, with the pain getting more intense with each one. I woke my mom up a little after 3am telling her we needed to get ready to go back to the hospital. I had to wait on her to get ready, and I had to wake DH up so he could get ready. Mom got ready, DH still hadn't gotten up yet, even after I told him to, so mom went to get him up, she wasn't quite as nice as I was about it. We left my apartment at 3:50am heading to the hospital.
We got to the ER at the hospital around 4:20am and was sent straight up to L&D. After all the paperwork and checking in and all, I was hooked up to the monitors, contractions about 4 min apart now, and I was at 5cm, 80% effaced, -3 station. I wanted a NCB, but with the lack of sleep combined with the intense pain, I asked to get an epidural as soon as I could. During one of my contractions, baby's heartrate dipped a little lower than usual, so the nurse came in and put oxygen on me. She wanted to check me again to see if I was just progressing fast or if baby wasn't tolerating labor. This was about 15 min after they first checked me. During the contraction, she said I was about 7cm, but inbetween, I was only at 6cm. I had to stay on oxygen after that, and the dr broke my water so they could put an internal monitor on the baby to watch him closer.
I got my epidural at 6am, and was feeling 100% better. I was checked again shortly after that, and was still at 6cm. The dr put in an internal pressure monitor because he wanted to see if contractions were adequate enough to dilate me further. A few minutes later the nurse came back in with Pitocin and said that since I hadn't had a contraction in 2 1/2 min the dr wanted to go on and start it to see if contractions got any stronger. They started it out at 6 I think. Around 10am, I had still made no progress, so they upped the pitocin to 12.
Baby's heartrate was still dipping with each contraction, with the stronger ones getting into the 60's even. At a little after 11am the nurse came in and said we were gonna get ready for a c section. We asked when, and she said NOW! DH asked if he had time to go tell my parents at least, she told him to hurry. The next thing I knew they had my bed laid back and raised up and were shaving me, getting me ready for surgery. From the time they told us we were headed to c/s to the time I was in the OR was less than 10 minutes. DH ran to tell my parents, then was hurrying to get dressed himself. By the time he got in the OR the dr had already made the first incision already.
The dr opened me at 11:34am, Derrick Judge was born at 11:35am.
I dont remember too much from right after he was born except I was getting mad because no one would let me see my baby. I heard him crying, but couldn't see him, I kept begging them and finally the nurse held him up about 10 feet away from me. They never let me even touch him in the OR. I have no clue about the rest of the surgery, for some reason I kept falling asleep.
Once we got to recovery I was asking for DH and my baby. They finally brought him in around 12:45pm. He was perfect in every way!
We finally got into a room, and settled in. The rest of the afternoon was pretty uneventful, I was still really drowsy from all the anesthesia. Around 6pm the nurse came in to take the catheter out and get me up out of bed. I got up several times later that night with the help of my mom.
Wednesday, I was able to come off my IV's and pain pump, I also walked down to the cafeteria with my parents. The dr and nurses were impressed at how well I was doing. The usual stay is 3 days for a c section here, but since I was doing so well my dr let me go home Thursday.

Derrick Judge
11/3/2009
7lbs, 11oz
20 inches

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 7th, 2009, 08:13 AM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, what a long couple of days for you, but I am so glad it all worked out well. Little Judge is such a cutie!
November 7th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Judge is a cutie! Glad it worked out so well, but sorry that it was such a long couple of days for you.

November 7th, 2009, 05:43 PM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
Thank you for sharing your birth story. He is very handsome, sounds like you had am eventful day.
November 7th, 2009, 11:42 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was a rough couple of days there for you or well i guess i should say weeks huh? with all of those contractions teasing you! So glad that everything worked out well in the end and he is such a handsome little boy!

November 9th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Sariedakota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww he sure is a cutie!!! Congrats on your sweet baby boy!!

November 9th, 2009, 05:17 PM
mercedes1987's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mercedes1987
wow that is quite the birth story!
Awesome that he's doing great!
You must of recovered pretty well.. congrats!

Question, this "horrible pain" you woke up with, Was it associated with pressure, back pain, and really really hard contractions?? I've been getting woken up every night, and they come thru the day, every 4 minutes, same way you described them. I wasn't induced though. And prior to I was having contractions as well but these are different.
These hurt alot more.
My difference is, they come every 3-4 mins for about 4-5 hrs, then they're gone. Then I go rest or something, and they come back within a few hrs.
Same intensity if not worse.
I'm scared by the time I get to the hospital I'll be like 6+ cm dilated or something!!

BTDT MOMMY.

November 9th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedes1987 View Post
wow that is quite the birth story!
Awesome that he's doing great!
You must of recovered pretty well.. congrats!

Question, this "horrible pain" you woke up with, Was it associated with pressure, back pain, and really really hard contractions?? I've been getting woken up every night, and they come thru the day, every 4 minutes, same way you described them. I wasn't induced though. And prior to I was having contractions as well but these are different.
These hurt alot more.
My difference is, they come every 3-4 mins for about 4-5 hrs, then they're gone. Then I go rest or something, and they come back within a few hrs.
Same intensity if not worse.
I'm scared by the time I get to the hospital I'll be like 6+ cm dilated or something!!
it wasnt really back pain but extreme pressure and really really hard contractions

www.facebook.com/babylovecustoms, specializing in custom embroidery for children.

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 9th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Thats kinda like what I'm getting these days. I wonder if thats what my labor will start like.. I can only hope right

BTDT MOMMY.

November 10th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
yeah, it could be any day since you're pretty much 39 weeks now. like i said, i had been having contractions for several weeks, but that night, i KNEW it was different.

Make a pregnancy ticker
November 10th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah I wonder if mine will change AGAIN?

BTDT MOMMY.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search