Tyler Ray's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 8th, 2009, 07:25 PM
**Teresa**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Finally getting around to posting this. Thought I better do it soon or I would start to forget it.

Well I had my 38 week appointment on October 2nd. When I went I was dilated to almost a 3. My doctor asked how soon we wanted to get this over with? I was like now would be good. He just laughed and said the soonest he would induce me was Wednesday the 7th. He said we could do it then or I would have to wait until the 12th because he was going out of town. Well we opted to do it on the 7th because my mom was going to be out of town the week of the 12th and I didn't think we didn't think I would probably make it til then and I really wanted my doctor to deliver Tyler. So we set it up for the 7th. I was nervouse as heck. I wasn't sure how being induced was going to go. I had heard to many horror stories. But I was ready that was for sure.

So on Wednesday the 7 we all got up and headed to the hospital at 6:30 in the morning. We had pulled my two kids out of school for the day so they could be there. They were so excited. We got all set up in the room around 7am. They got blood work and IV started. Around 7:30 they started my pitocin and antibodies. (I was group B positive.) I was already having some regular contractions but nothing to bad. And the pitocin wasn't making them any worse yet. Well around 9 my doctor came in and broke my water. That was the first time I had my water broken without having an epi so I completely felt it. It was the weirdest feeling ever. I swear so much water came out that I soaked the floor. Well after he broke my water I was still at a three. He suggested I go ahead and get my epi so I could relax. I was having a lot of back labor at this point so I decided that it would be nice to be able to relax. Boy was I wrong. The doc came in to do my epi and he was HORRIBLE. I think I would have rather gone natural. I cried SOOOOO hard while he was putting it in and he was having a heck of a time getting it in. My DH was about ready to punch him because he was hurting me so bad. But finally it was in. After that they checked me and I was at a 5. This was around 10 in the morning. They didn't turn up my pitocin at all because I needed a second dose of antibodies before I could deliver. So they had me laying on my right side and just relaxing. Well at 11:45 I was able to get my second around of medicine and at that point they uped my pitocin. They checked me around 12:30 and I was at a 7 but Tyler was facing the wrong direction and wouldn't come all the way down into the birth canal. So they had me turn onto my left side to see if I cuold get him to turn. Well that did it. As soon as I turn I started to feel a TON of preasure in my butt. I kept telling her this and she checked me but I was at 9.5. She said I had a little bit more to go. Well at 1:00 I was complete. And boy was I glad because I couldn't take the preasure anymore. So they broke down the bed really quickly and the doc came in. At 1:06 I started pushing. I didn't have a whole lot of feeling but they said I was pushing good. So I pushed a couple times and his head was almost out. Well with the next contraction and a couple more pushes he was out. He was born at 1:13 weighing 8lbs 3ozs and 19.25 inches. He was a little guy. I was so excited that they placed him on my tummy. I didn't get that with either one of my other children. I wish now that I had it was such a great experience to see him right after he came out. He was absolutely gorgeous. He also found his thumb while I was holding him. I told him he couldn't do that and he started to cry at that point. I had to laugh and say mom was already getting on to you and your minutes old. LOL

So I have to say that was about the easiest, fastest and nicest labor I have had. It almost makes me want to do it all over again. I was so glad for the great nurse I had. She never left my side during the whole process. She was AWESOME!!

Again sorry it took me so long to get this posted. I really have enjoyed reading everyone else though.

Thanks to auntieof3 for the wonderfull and beautifull siggy!!

November 8th, 2009, 08:06 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
congrats! glad your induction went well and fast!
November 9th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Snowpeas
Sounds a lot like my birth! I was induced and I had my water broken before the epi too and it is definitely a strange feeling! And they didn't put dd on my tummy so it was really nice to have Josiah placed on my tummy.
I had a super easy and fast birth as well. Part of me wants to do it again, but another part of me really worries that it couldn't be that easy again. lol

Congratulations!
November 9th, 2009, 09:16 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Great story! Thanks for sharing and helping to alleviate some of my fears about pitocin.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search