Josiah David's birth story..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I went T&Ting on Halloween night with my girls and it probably wasn't a good idea because shortly after I got back I was feeling it. I was sore and tired so I decided to take a bath, I started my bath and went to the bathroom and I lost my mucus plug. I got into the bath and started to contracting about 15 mins later. This was about 9:30pm I watched and timed my contractions until about 3 am when we decided to go to the hospital. I had been a 3 and 60% effaced at about 35 weeks and when we got there I was a 3-4 and 60% effaced, in the 3 hours or so I was being monitored I dilated to a 4 and was about 75% thinned out. My contractions were spacing out a bit but since I was a 4 my doc didn't feel safe sending me home ( because of the polyhydramniosis) He was afraid I would go home and have my water break and have a cord prolapse or it would break and the baby would come before we got the hospital. So even though I was only 36+2 he decided to go ahead and put a pin hole leak in my water bag and start labor up. They started pit at about 9am and he came in and pin holed the bag at about 10:30am. This kick started contractions by about 12:15 I was feeling the urge to push but the nurse said I was only an 8 and couldn't push yet so I fought it for as long as I could (which was only about 3 contractions) and then I was screaming I had to push. The nurses kept telling me not to push but it was killing me not to. Finally about 3-4 contractions later my ob walked in heard me screaming I had to push and said "Well push then" I don't think he was prepared for how quickly he would come once I started to push. He was yelling for the nurse to get his other glove on him as Josiah was coming out. My dh said the doc didn't have his hands on him when he came out he said he caught him mid-air. Josiah came out breathing too fast so he had to go to the NICU for three days other than a little jaundice he has been great since getting home. He nurses like a pro and is already have good awake periods. We are in love with our little buddy.

His stats:

Josiah David
6lbs 8oz
20inches long
33cm head circumference.
born at 12:29pm on Nov 1, 2009
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

November 13th, 2009, 10:59 AM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
What a cutie! Congratulations!
November 13th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Welcome to the world Josiah!

November 15th, 2009, 05:58 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like it went pretty fast! I tried telling my nurses this time i dont do practice pushes and they almost ended up having to catch Alex before they were ready to! Glad everything went well and that he is doing good!! Congrats again!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search