Kendall Joyce *interesting to those not progressing*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My story is a little different than most as I had a COMPLETELY pain free (but long) labor! And I was not progressing. A long story but easy read.

I started timing my light contractions about 3pm on Thursday Nov, 5th. At this point they were about 8 mins apart and there were some longer intervals in between. I was no where near convinced they were the real thing. By about 6pm they were about 5 minutes on average. A little uncomfy but no worse than my normal period cramps. At about 8 pm I put in the first call to my OB because I wanted to get a good idea of what I should do, knowing it was still early but they were now between 4-6mins apart. My OB told me she definitely thought i was in labor but that at this point the hospital would likely send me home so she suggested waiting it out a bit but assured me she'd be talking to me later. I was stoked but not really convinced. I went to bed at 9 and woke up with what now I would classify as harsh period cramps..nothing I haven't experienced on many occasions since I got my period at 13. So I got up, took a shower and started to time the contraction again. They were pretty steady at about 2-4 minutes apart, moderately painful and lasting about 45 seconds. After an hour of timing I decided to call my OB who suggested I go in now. MY HEART WAS BEATING A MILE A MINUTE! I couldn't believe this was it. At 2pm, i got hubby out of bed and off we headed. On the ride there, I swear the contractions completely stopped. I WAS SO MAD and a little embarassed to look silly going into the hospital. But oh well, i was on my way.

We arrived at the hospital around 3pm and they admitted me immediately.. i was expecting an NST first but nope, i was getting admitted. I was lucky to get a strong contraction every 20 minutes but 8they were showing up every 6-8. They were still willing to keep me but I told them if it was going to be a long time, i'd rather go home. I was about 2 cm, 50-60% effaced, cervix was posteriorand baby was in my throat (-3). They had me do some walking and bounce on the ball. When I came back and got checked again, I was 2.5-3 and baby was coming down. My contractions were now super painful (but nothing like I expected, a lot easier) and about 4-5 mins apart. They put me in the whirlpool, aaah so relaxing .. and that was the end of my labor pain.

The on call OB arrived at the hospital around about 6am and laughed when I asked if they were going to keep me. She was like, "do you think i'd put you through all this and send you home?" I was now 3-4cm and baby was nice and low. I was officially on my way to the final countdown. My real doctor showed at about 7am to break my water I was not officially 4cms, almost totally thinned and cervix was coming around, NOW IT WAS REAL! no turning back now. The pain was TOTALLY tolerable and I was not on any pain meds at this point. I was still in very little pain when they decided to give me my epi. I didn't even want it but they had to start Pitocin since I was still not contracting like I should have been. I had my epi, which was SO NOT PAINFUL and they CRANKED my Pitocin.

After 5 long hours of NOTHING, I was only at 5cms and contractions were still stuck at 5 mins, suddenly I found myself hooked up to oxygen and people kind of running in and out. With NO WARNING AT ALL, my doctor came in and said that Kendall was not tolerating the Pitocin, her heart rate was dropping and they were prepping the OR. Off Pit she was great but I was just not progressing on my own and not fast enough with the Pit. I WAS IN TOTAL SHOCK! I was heading in for a c-section, no if ands or buts about it. The 15 minute wait was BRUTAL as I went into panic mode. I had no time to wrap my brain around what was happening. I got wheeled into the OR and within 15 minute I heard the most precious sound in the world.. My baby girl's cry. She was stunning and just perfect. I was instantly in love. I had survived the whole ordeal with only minimal pain..even though it ended in a c-section, it was a very easy labor and delivery.

My recovery was pretty smooth and now I have a precious baby girl who has completely changed my life for the absolute best! Im so in love, so elated.. really have never felt better.

thanks for reading!
November 13th, 2009, 07:04 PM
jmhick's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sooo sweet Sarah. Glad you and Kendall are both perfect, home and safe!

November 14th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Amanda_Marie's Avatar Mommy to Owen
glad to hear about the easy delivery and glad you and kendall are doing well! thanks for sharing!

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my beautiful siggy!
November 14th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Super Mommy
Im happy it all worked out and from all ur facebook updates completely jealous of how easy of a baby Kendall is! Good luck in ur new life as a mommy i hope we continue to keep in touch. Congrats

Thank you so much HarleighJanes.Mama for my perfectly perfect siggy!!!

November 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM
mercedes1987's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mercedes1987
Wow that sounds like the most amazing birth story I've heard in my life...grats.
I hope mine goes well.

BTDT MOMMY.

November 15th, 2009, 10:55 AM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
Thank you for posting your birth story! She looks perfect!
November 15th, 2009, 05:56 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats again!! So happy on how smoothly and easy it all went for you!! Minus her heartrate dropping. Thats a little scary and i know that from experience. Alex was my only child so far to not do that while i was in labor.

November 16th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies. It really was a great experience. Even the c-section was not horrible. Like i've said before, it was such an intimate moment my husband and I would have otherwise not experienced.. everything happens for a reason for sure. This whole experience made me realize just how blessed I am.
November 17th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow Sarah, I had no idea you had a section! Glad everything worked out so well for both of you!!

Thanks to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for this beautiful sig!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search