Madelyn's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I had just taken my leave, one day into it to be exact. She wasn't suppose to come till 12/9. Wednesday night I was sitting at the computer...updating my family and friends about how I'm still here. Even though my dr told me the day before at my weekly visit that she could come this weekend, I still didn't think it would happen. Boy, I was wrong! Thanksgiving morning around 4:45am I woke up out of bed to urinate. As I made way for the bathroom I felt my panty getting wet. I had a feeling I wasn't urinating. However, I hadn't had any contractions throughout the night. So I went into the bathroom and checked as I sat and urinated. Sure enough it wasn't urine. I immediately called my dr's office where the on-call dr called her and she advised me to go to the hospital.

Husband and I was at the hospital by 5:30. Since I wasn't completely gushing out with liquid, the nurse had to take a sample that dripped onto the ground. Minutes later she confirmed I was in "active" labor and that the hospital was admitting me.

By 7, they had relocated me from the preparation room to an actual L&D room. One of the drs I was seeing was leaving for the day and another was coming aboard so I was told, no one would see me just yet and since I already had my water break the dr wouldn't need to check if I was dilating. The nurse said it would cause more harm than good (effections). So I stay in my room for another good 3hrs. All the while the nurse was really good. She told me I could change positions, go for a walk, squat, lean over the bed, stand up on my feet and move from side to side, and so forth. By now the contractions were awful! I had my first baby with no meds and epidural at all and I vowed to do the same again. CRAZY ME! I tried to keep my mind off of the pain...took on breathing techniques I learned. By 11ish I really felt bad contractions...and I knew my baby had made a start in heading downwards...I felt the intense pressure from the contractions and now my contractions were so close together...within a few minutes and lasted for almost a minute each time.

The nurse was really great...she kept assuring me that I was doing fine and that my baby's heartbeat and all was great. She even told my mom I probably had the best record of all the patients she's seen. Haha what a tease! My husband was handling the whole situation really well. I think he did a whole lot better this time around than the first. My mom was stressed about the amount of time I've been in the hosp and I hadn't given birth yet...she even thought my baby might be breeched, but hubby didn't let it bother her.

At 12pm, I felt the more pressure from contractions and the nurse knew it, just by looking at the recordings. She asked if I needed the dr to check me now. I said yes. Well, my dr was busy but gave the ok for the nurse to check instead. The nurse checked and said I had dilated to an 8, but not to push yet. Crazy thing was that my dr had two other patients in the L&D floor too. That explained why she was so busy. So we all were pretty much on a race to see who would deliver first. OMG! At 1pm my dr finally came in...checked and said I was almost there. The nurse started setting up the table and scale area. My mom was really relieved by then. Thank goodness! The dr left and went to check on the other patients.

Shortly after 1:30pm, I really had the urge to push...so the nurse called for my dr to immediately come over because she felt I was there. The dr checked one last time and oh yes, the baby's head was there. My husband knew it too. Everyone kept assuring me I could push now. At 1:40 I started pushing. Despite the unbearable pain and that unpleasant "ring of fire" feeling because I didn't take any meds or epidural, I pushed twice and baby Madelyn came at 1:44pm. Ah, it was the best feeling. I didn't care about that ring of fire anymore. All I knew was the little princess on my tummy, the one who came on Thanksgiving Day...I didn't care if I wasn't going to be able to enjoy a turkey dinner tonight. Here in front of me was the BIGGEST reason why I should be thankful.

Funny thing was that my dr previously told me on Tuesday that my second born was going to be about 8 lbs...alot bigger/heavier than her older sibling. Well, Madelyn was 6 1/2 lbs. Hehe....

We're home now and it's like being a "new" mom all over again after several years. Thank goodness for the support of family and friends I can be a mom again.
November 28th, 2009, 11:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Popping over from March DDC and just wanted to say congrats! I really enjoyed your birth story!
November 29th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Crystal O_o's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!

Thank you ~Vicki~ for the wonderful signature.
Check out my etsy store for handmade boutique baby items http://MistyDaysBoutique.etsy.com
November 29th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! What a great story! Happy Turkey Baby!

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

November 30th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mylie12
congrats !!!!!!!!

December 3rd, 2009, 12:58 AM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!

Thank you Claire1979!
December 3rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
ChristinaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww what a great birth story! You are so strong for not taking any meds. You go girl!!

December 4th, 2009, 05:57 PM
CaddyMom126's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!

December 4th, 2009, 07:27 PM
jenslittlemen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats on staying strong! I wish we got a badge or something for going natural but... Kudos to you for doing it though!!!! congrats!!

December 6th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
What a great birth story... helps keep me motivated for a painmed-free delivery! Congratulations on your baby girl. Now she is really something to be thankful for Thank you for sharing your birth story.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
December 15th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Thank you mommies for all your support! Life has been busier these days now that she's more "alert." So I haven't been around here as much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search