Alexis Rose (11/29/09)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2009, 02:00 AM
conley1988
Well, Thanksgiving morning I woke up and went to sleep with steady contractions that started and stopped. That continued throughout the day and the next day I was having so many different feelings but one I was sure was that she was coming. I really just had a gut feeling. After some hours of contractions, uncomfortable but not regular I went in the hospital.

The nurse was great and really listened to me. Unfortunately, my contractions were not making progress and would regulate and then stop. The nurse told me that if I even got to a five by 3 am the doctor would more than likely break my water. Well, that didn’t happen. But the contractions had started to regulate by then. She checked me at 7 am and for all those hours, nothing, no progress. The doctor told us about 8 am that maybe leaving and coming back would help.

Well I decided to just go home for awhile. When I returned home I asked Robert for some help. We dtd and then I walked to our gas station about ˝ mile and before I got out the parking lot I was feeling pressure. When I got home it was enough to make me moan while trying to sleep so we waited and went to the hospital.

The contractions were 6 minutes apart and the new nurse was kind of like “it’s a waste of time” kind of attitude going on. My mom was very upset and ended up leaving and coming back because she was fuming. Well the nurse came back and checked me and finally I was making some progress and at a 4! My nurse said I would be staying and I was happy!

From that point on it was smooth sailing! I got my epi at about 10:22 pm and when she checked I was at a 6! My contractions never got painful or more regular so she was shocked. Around 11 pm I was checked again and was about a 8. I had to hold on until midnight, it was not only the day I reached 37 weeks in my counting but also the birthday of my much missed and dead aunt.

At this point I wasn’t sure that was going to happen. Although I could not fell contractions I could feel pressure in my right groin. I couldn’t do anything and all I remember is hearing breath. Robert and my mom had my hands and Robert was so supportive. I honestly could not have been that calm without him.

Now funny but scary; Robert and my mom are not good with bodily fluids at all. After I was complete and holding for 12 am the nurse started setting up. She called the doctor but all of sudden she was just not acting right. She called for the resident whom she had to instruct on everything and then it was like book. The nurse just told the resident to move broke my water, which made Robert and my mom buckle as the water went all over the floor and nurse, then told me to push and quick. I asked Rob for my sock, I have a thing about having babies with no socks, whom fired back “D*** the sock babe push” After one push her head was out and everyone said wait, again they went buckling and all I could do was laugh. They looked like they were happy to be there but needed oxygen! The nurse told me to push again and the resident was standing there with my baby who was blue and the cord wrapped around her twice. She was just standing, looking around like what do I do. The nurse there again jumped into action and picked up the placenta which had abrupted and started untangling my baby which of course had me crying. Robert kept assuring me she was okay but the respiratory nurse was using all this equipment and I heard no crying. Finally, she yelled out! I held her about 10 minutes later via kangaroo because of her size and she breastfeed for about 30 minutes!

Alexis Rose Payne was born at 12:22 am, weighing 5lbs 7 ozs, and 17 ľ long! She had a head full of hair and looked just like her daddy! Boy was he one proud papa! He even thanked the nurse and was happy to take his baby down to the nursery!

Last edited by conley1988; December 2nd, 2009 at 11:15 PM.
December 2nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that sounds so hard. I am glad you got through it ok and I am glad Alexis is here and healthy. You are one proud mama I am sure. Now you are 2 and 2

Thank you Claire1979!
December 3rd, 2009, 11:29 AM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! What a story! Glad everything was okay with the cord.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

December 6th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Wow, that must have been so scary with the cord around her neck! I'm glad things all worked out well and baby Alexis is doing well. Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your birth story.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search