Madalyn Joy's birth story finally :D 11/05

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 4th, 2009, 01:27 PM
ldlight's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ldlight
So I'm finally writing the birth story a month later lol.

I will start with my 36 wk ultrasound showing her being already 8lbs! So I begged for an induction that day and they told me I had to wait for 38 wks. I came in the Friday before my 38 wk (Monday) point and low and behold my little bugger had gone breech! 4 days before induction!!! So Monday I had an ultrasound to confirm and well she had turned back around about 30 minutes before!!! So they scheduled my induction for the next day 11/03. I went in at 7pm and got the Cervadil put in. Got checked the next morning and was still under 2cm and -3 station. So started the pitocin, nothing happened. I had very minor contractions at no regular intervals. That night they let me eat for 2 hours before they put in Cervadil and let me tell you I certainly ate!! I had chips and pizza lol. So they put the Cervadil in and in the morning when I took it out I was at 2cm and still -3. They started the Pitocin again but still nothing so at 10:45am so they went ahead and decided to do a c-section because she wasn't progressing at all. So they took me into the OR immediately, got me all epi'd up, and called my husband in. I was asking the nurse when they were going to start because I felt nothing at all. She told me they were almost done lol. I felt no pressure nothing at all. Next thing I know I hear my beautiful little girl. They stapled me up and sent me on my way Funniest part to me is my DH told me later that my midwife was literally sitting on my chest when she was pushing Madalyn out because of how far up she was and how big she is lol. I was like where is the pic!!! Oh and also they pulled my entire uterus out when they did the c-section which made healing horrible! But, apparently I had a very large uterus. DH said it looked like she was stuffing a turkey when she was putting it back in lol.

Oh and as far as recovery goes I was there for 3 days. First 2 were hell. Apparently Percoset doesn't work on me and Demerol alone doesn't either. So I had to end up doing a mixture of Demerol by pill and something else by shot. The first time I got up I went and sat in a rocking chair while my DH held Maddie and I was sitting there for about 10 minutes when the nurse came in and I suddenly got nauseous. When she went to get me meds for it I suddenly had super super blurry vision and my hearing went. I could hear things but it was kind of fuzzy and muted. So then 4 nurses ran in, checked my bp and it was 80/43. They tried getting me to rush back to my bed ( again this is my first time up after c-section and had no meds in me that were working.) I almost killed them. Well it went back up and I'm fine

Sorry so long

Maddie had Jaundice ( top level 17.3 didn't do lights just bf'ing)

Want your house to smell amazing! Check out Scentsy! https://laurielight.scentsy.us/Home

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search