Brynlee's Birth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2009, 09:13 AM
LissaDawn's Avatar Tristan's Mommy
Wednesday I went in for my regular 37 week check up. I had been having a lot of BH contrax and planned to tell the OB. He has heard this from me at most of my appts and not been concerned. I had been having a lot more of these for the past coupleof days though. I told my DF he didnt need to come to this apppt, as all I expected was a blood pressure check. Since we had the csection scheduled for Dec 5th (due date 12/14) he already told me he didnt plan to check my cervix or anything.

So I scarf down some Krystals burgers and fries on my way to lunch appt. I told him I had been having a lot of contractions but that they seemed to be mainly the painless squeezing BH. He did check my cervix and it was a little over 1, 50% effaced. Then he put me on the monitors. My contractions were every two minutes, perfectly spaced! Even I was surprised. He told me that I was indeed in labor and I needed a csection within the next hour and a half. Of course DF carpooled this day since he didnt plan to go to the appt. So now I was concerned! Luckily he got there in time.

I went upstairs, got registered and immediately got prepped for surgery. The anesthesiologist gave me a really hard time about all the burgers and fries. But of course I had no clue that this could possibly be happening! I always thought real labor contractions really hurt. The only ones I had experienced before were with my DS 6 years ago and they were pitocin induced. These did NOT really hurt, just a lot of squeezing.

They gave me a spinal for the c-section which got me feeling like I was going to be sick. But when I told them this, they pumped something in my IV that made me feel much better. I could feel touching and tugging but no pain during the procedure.

Brynlee was born at 4:58 p.m. She was 6 lbs, 12 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. The doctor said she had a true knot in her cord, which is likely why I went into labor early. She is healthy though, no issues and scored a 8 and a 9 on her Apgars.

They took me to recovery for about an hour where we nursed and Brynlee got a sponge bath. Then we went back to our room to meet big brother and the rest of the family.

The recovery pain was worse than I remembered with my DS. I controlled it with painkillers. Brynlee is nursing well and has had no latching issues or difficulties like my DS had. I havent been sleeping much, I didnt sleep the first night at all.

Proud Mom to
Brynlee Noelle 11/25/09 &
Tristan Joseph 1/10/04

Last edited by LissaDawn; December 6th, 2009 at 09:23 AM.
December 7th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Wow, can't believe how quick everything went! Glad to hear Brynlee is doing well. I hope your sleeping has improved. Thank you for sharing your birth story.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
December 23rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
CaddyMom126's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations Melissa! Hope you are able to get more zzzz's soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search