Liam Scott Pierce. 01/12/2009. A

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2009, 12:27 PM
mercedes1987's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mercedes1987
I call it the most natural induction because I was honestly expecting ALOT more interventions...

Here's how it all began

I went in at 7am to the hospital into the triage where my midwife, audrey met me. We spoke to a doctor previously who was going to start the induction by using Prostin (Prostaglandin gel) on my cervix. Well he got stuck in 2 c-sections so we had to wait a while, baby was healthy and active, and everything was ready to go.
Around 9 or 10 dr. agboola (the ob we spoke to) came in and met us. He was kind of rushy, and let me say his fingers were not slender. It really hurt having the gel put in, but it was nothing I couldn't handle.. I was long still, and closed still when they did it.
Menstrual cramping started immediately. I thought " Good, must be working, "
But I wasn't sure because sometimes you get cramping and it goes away.
Well an hour later I was in pain with contractions, every 6 minutes.
I let the nurses know, and they said it was good. I walked around triage, walked down the halls, up the halls, till I began feeling a little bit more tired. I finally asked if audrey was comming back to check me soon, as it'd been a couple hours now, it was around 1pm. The nurse available in triage said she wasn't here yet, but she'd call, and she did. Audrey spoke to me, and suggested some nubain to help with the pain and she'd be in a bit later to check up, and that the nurse or dr.agboola could check my cervix to see whats going on. I asked a nurse to do it, because she was much more patient. She said a cm and that it wasn't shortened much yet.
Audrey ok'd her to get someone to do the shot of nubain+gravol.
They did 1 shot in one hip/side, and one shot in the other (one's gravol ones nubain) I felt relaxed, not anxious, and somewhat relieved of the pain. I fell asleep for a good few hours before awakening to a change in pain that felt mostly like back pain & pelvic pressure lower than before. Slept from about 3pm to around 8 or 9pm.. (it became fuzzy at the time because of the dizziness you get from nubain, and the pain from labor) Spoke to audrey when she came in, and she checked, said I was about 3 cm. She finally took me out of triage and admitted me after a little while.. got a nice room with a better bed. She said she'd break my water, and also give me nubain again at 10pm. The contractions were really intense and I was no longer able to time them so they MUST of been 2-3 min before she broke my water. She broke my water closer to 10pm, so I could have nubain shortly after. She rechecked me also, and I was closer to 5cm. I labored hard labor, and the nubain didn't really do me justice this time. They finally became really intense, and to the point I felt a huge amount of pressure on my rectum. I shouted.. "oh..... I NEED to push!" and I felt crazy for shouting this as it was only an hour later. 11pm. She checked me, and I was 8cm!! She told me to give small pushes. I let my body do the most of it but It felt better than holding back. She then checked me again very close to the last, I'd say 10-15 min and I was FULLY DILATED! She gave me the OK to Push, and helped me get through the pains. I got about 3 good pushes per contraction. About 10 pushes and he was out. I had a very minor tear. 1 stitch was needed lol!. He was born at exactly 11:54pm.. DEC 1. 2009. (definately our first december baby huh, even if only by 6 minutes?). Audrey was the best midwife around, and she held my hand through the tougher contractions when I needed somebody. I was so happy when Liam came out I was shouting " My Baby!!! My Baby!!" and teared up and ended up crying while I was proclaiming " My baby". Glen immediately got emotional when she saw Liam. it was beautiful.. he had a full head of hair too. Brown hair, and blue eyes... he was beautiful, no jaundice, no problems what so ever, and he weighed 8lbs and 7oz, 20in long. He is gorgeous! My birthing experience was although taxing, a very good one. I had nice nurses, and an awesome midwife, my hubby to support me the whole way. One thing I was a bit suprised about, was the blood. I really never noticed it before but we BLEED so much after and during childbirth it's crazy, if it wasn't for it being a maternity floor, and there being a laboring woman or woman who just had a baby, you'd think it was a crime scene. Lmao
Recovery is going well for both of us!
Thanks for reading, sorry if it was very long....

BTDT MOMMY.

December 9th, 2009, 01:26 PM
proudmomtoEthan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to proudmomtoEthan
Thank you for sharing! Sounds like this went according to plan!! Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search