Haiden James' birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Super Mommy
I went in for my 39wk5day appt on monday Nov 30 and learned that I was 2cm dilated but still high and thick. My Dr. did an u/s to check on baby's growth and was concerned that he didn't see him moving at all. After trying to get him to move for a few minutes with no results he sent me down to L&D for another NST. He told me that depending on what he saw on the NST he might just keep me and induce labor. 2 hours later he told me that although Haiden's heartbeat looked good he was just going to keep me and induce (which was a good thing since I had started having contractions during the NST).

I got all settled in my room and they started me on pitocin. The next 24hrs are a bit blurry to be honest. They wouldn't give me an epidural until I hit 4cm dilated and it just wasn't happening for me. Every time the nurse came in to check me there was very little to no change. It was extremely frustrating. I was having very strong regular contractions but it just didn't seem to be getting anywhere. I did hit 4cm sometime in the morning on tuesday and got an epidural. Everything seemed to go fine with it except for the fact that it took a bit to kick in and I had to keep getting more medicine as it would wear off quickly. While I was glad for the pain relief I had a hard time with the numbing sensation. I absolutely hated being barely able to move my legs. I have anxiety and panic issues and for some reason they were kicking into high gear over the numbing. By 2pm on tuesday my Dr was able to stretch me to a 5 and I was 100% thinned out but Haiden was just not moving down. He started experiencing some decelerations with every contraction and they told me later that it would take him a bit to come back up as well. My Dr told me that he could let it go for a bit longer or we could go ahead and have a baby...he recommended having a baby but wouldn't force the issue just yet. Even though I was scared of having a C section I told the Dr to go ahead with it as I didn't want to chance anything happening to Haiden.

They wheeled me into the operating room at around 2:30 and Haiden James was born at 2:57pm. The Dr. told me that Haiden had the cord wrapped tightly around his neck and that was the reason he had been having trouble. While everything went beautifully for both Haiden and I with the C section it was personally a scary experience. My poor boyfriend didn't even leave my side when Haiden was taken over to be checked and weighed because he didn't feel that I could handle being left alone while they were still working on me. I feel terrible that he missed out on that experience but grateful that I had him there at my side through all of it. I spent 4 days in the hospital and my recovery went well and Haiden is beautifully healthy despite having a small issue with jaundice his 2nd night. We've been home now for 2 days and I can't believe how much in love with him I am. Every moment of pain, worry, and anxiety was well worth it to have him in my life.

Haiden James
Dec 1, 2009 2:57pm
7lbs
20 inches.

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for my adorable siggy!!!

December 6th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Easton's Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, even though you had the c-section sounds like things worked out for the best! Congrats!

Thank you Vicki for my AMAZING siggy!

December 7th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Glad to hear your C-section went well, despite your scary start to labor and the feelings you got with the epidural. Congratulations on baby Haiden! TFS.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search