Reagan Mae 11/27/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Stephanie_M's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry it's taken awhile for me to type this out. Reagan will be up within the hour to eat and I'm not terribly tired so I figured I would type it now while I have the energy

Reagan Mae
11/27/09
10:55pm
6lbs 7oz, 20 inches long

I woke up at 10am on Friday, November 27th, after a pretty good night's sleep feeling crampy as I had been the past few days. After being up for awhile I noticed that the cramps didn't feel the same as the previous ones. They were extremely low and went from my back to my lowest abdomen. They were only uncomfortable so I ignored them. I noticed my hands were way more swollen then usually and had a killer headache so I went over my Grandmother to use her BP cuff to check my blood pressure. It was normal. While there I notice the contractions getting a bit stronger so we timed them for a half an hour. They were all 3 1/2 to 4 minutes apart. I still didn't believe I was in early labor so I went about my business running errands. I started realizing that they were real contractions during this time by how intense they were getting. I wanted to hurry them along so I went and did my grocery shopping as well. This continued all day with increasing intensity.

At around 4:30pm DH and I decided to order carry out from Outback since I was in a decent amount of pain by then with all my contractions only eing 3 minutes apart. We ate and at 6:30pm I decided I was in enough pain to go into the hospital to be checked. I could still kind of talk through the contractions but I couldn't walk through them at all.

After arriving to the hospital they hooked me up to the monitors but didn't bother to check me since they swore I wasn't in labor and I was just dehydrated. They made me chug a bunch of water. After that they were still usatisified. They finally checked me and I was only 1 cm dilated but the contractions were starting to come every 2 minutes and I could only whimper and cry through them and even occassionally yell they were so bad. Once again I was told I wasn't in labor. So they brought in this LPN from H*ll that decided she was going to try to stick an IV in my wrist and ended up scraping down my bone with the needle for over 2 minutes. I screamed as she did it shaking uncontrollably. Of course she yelled at me like it was my fault! Finally they got another nurse to get my IV started in my hand like i had suggested I suggested in the first place! Mind you they put in the IV because they were convinced that I was still dehydrated and not in labor which really started to p*ss me off! I was in so much pain at that point I HAD to scream through the contractions to make it through. I told the nurse she needed to check me again. She rolled her eyes since she had only checked me 45 minutes before. She checked anyway and I had already went from 1 cm to 3.5 in that 45 minutes.

Finally she broke down and admitted that I was in labor and went to go get the OB on call since mine wasn't available. He came in and broke my water and put in internal monitors since I was squirming too much for my belts to take accurate readings. There was meconium in the fluid so he ordered an amniotic transfusion to flush everything out. Unfortunetly with every contraction her HB would go from 150 to 80 for a full 30 seconds. They had already given DH the okay to call family to tell them I was in labor so he had gone out into the hall to start calling. While he was out there the OB decided he wanted her out NOW and that a c-section would be the safest way for her to arrive. The nurse grabbed DH from the hall to bring him back in the room. at this point I was in tears. The thing I worried about the most was happening. The oxygen mask they placed o me in haste as her heart rate dropped had scared me to pieces. We did the paperwork and all and I was off to the OR. I must say my anesthesiologist was amazing and so understanding with how worked up I was. even the on call OB was so very reassuring and pleasant. The experience of having the c-section was no big deal at all.

DH got into the room just as they were pulling her out. As soon as her head came out I heard the most beautiful sound ever... her cry! They cleaned her up a bit and brought her over to me. It was love at first sight. The nurse told DH he could follow her if he wanted with the baby. Dh follows her without even saying good bye to me while I'm still laying on the table completely wide open!! We still laugh and joke about it!

Sorry it was so long! It had some pretty rocky points but it was all soooo worth it! I don't know how I ever lived witout her now!

Big thanks to *Kiliki* for my GORGEOUS siggy!
[/URL]
December 6th, 2009, 10:19 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
awe; congrats!
December 6th, 2009, 10:41 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww! so sorry that it didnt go the way you had planned but so happy that you ended up getting some dr's who were pleasant with you about the whole thing!! especially when that makes the difference in it for you. I remember how nics heartrate kept dropping but by the time they said c section it was time to push and he was out and ok thankfully. Glad that it was all an overall good experience and that you have your gorgeous baby girl now!! Congrats!

December 7th, 2009, 01:42 PM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about your awful nurses, but I am so glad that everything else went well. She looks great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search