Aniya's Birth Story.. Updated with last belly pic!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 8th, 2009, 02:53 PM
latavia's Avatar Mom 2 a Prince & Princess
Since Aniya is napping I just thought I should post her birth story...

As you ladies know I was scheduled to be induced Dec 1st at 8:00pm. During the early part of the day I was finishing up the last to do things before it was time to leave. I took my bath, hubby packed everything in the car and we laid down to rest until 7:00pm. We left out that early because I wanted to go eat a good meal before it was time to head to the hospital. As we were eating the hospital called and told us not to come right now because they were crowded and needed to free up some rooms. She told me that they would call me when they free up a room. Me and hubby decided since we were out to stop by some friends of ours house for a couple minutes and then we headed back home to get some more sleep. Around 2:30 am the nurse called and told me to come on in around 3 am. I woke hubby and we got dressed to leave. We left the house around 2:40 am. We finally arrived at the hospital around 3 am. We went to the maternity ward and I got admitted in. They did the regular stuff like ask questions, hooked me up to the monitors, checked my cervix(1cm at the time), blood pressure, weight etc. They finally started my IV's(fluid & antibiotics for GBS).. By time the nurse finished with everything she finally inserted a pill called Cytotec at 6:45am. From 6:45 to 9:00 am I had a chance to rest. My contractions started coming but they weren't to bad at this point. She checked me again and I was still at a 1cm. As time start rolling by, my contractions started becoming more painful but I could still deal with them. At this time when the nurse checked me I was 4cm. I finally caved in and asked for some pain medicine and she gave me Stadol through my IV. It helped a little..She went and got my doctor. When my doctor came in she rechecked me and broke my water. At this point my contractions became unbearable. They finally called the anesthesiologist in to give me an epidural. About a hour later my doctor came back in to check me and I was at 8cm and 75-80% effaced. She said she was going to give me another hour or two to make sure I was ready to deliver. My nurse came back in a little before the hour was up and said that I was ready to deliver and that the baby was right there. She called my doctor back in and that's when everything started. They put my legs in stirrups and I begin to push. Aniya got stuck because her shoulders were to broad to come out and her heart rate started dropping so my doctor had to do an episiotomy in order to get her out. Once they finally got her out they had to call the NICU in the room because she had turned blue and wasn't breathing. They finally got her to start crying and that was the best sound ever. Aniya had me extremely scared. I didn't get to see my baby at all because they had to whisk her away to the nursery to make sure everything was ok. In the end, I ended up with a 4th degree cut and I didn't have to use the pitocin at all . On Dec 2nd at 2:53pm Aniya was born 8lb 10oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Overall my labor this time was better than labor with Kameron but my delivery was a lot worse.

Recovery so far has been really horrible. I'm in a lot of pain .. I can barely move around..

Here my last belly pic I took the day before I had her...

Thanks Vicki for my wonderful siggy

Last edited by latavia; December 14th, 2009 at 04:11 PM.
December 8th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing your story!

I had a 4th degree cut w/Caiden and let me tell you I know how much pain you are in. However, I PROMISE you it does get better!! I swore I was done having kids after Caiden it was so bad. It took about 2 weeks to feel more like myself, but you will!

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

December 11th, 2009, 03:14 AM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing. You are a strong mama, and you know the pain will go away and you will want to do this all over again haha!

Much love to you girl!

And congrats again Mama!

Thank you Claire1979!
December 11th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Congrats on baby Aniya! I hope you recover quick from your tear and that moving around gets easier. TFS your story.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
December 14th, 2009, 04:12 PM
latavia's Avatar Mom 2 a Prince & Princess
Thanks ladies for taking the time out to read my birth story...
Updated with my last belly pic I took the day before I had her..

Thanks Vicki for my wonderful siggy
December 15th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Congrats to you! Thanks for sharing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search