Caleb Anthony Warren... birth story =]].

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 10th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Labor was definately not what I had expected for myself .

Sorry it is long .

Monday morning around 2:00, DH and I had just got done DTD and I was laying in bed and DH was in the bathroom when I felt some fluid come out of me. I thought maybe it was just from him (sorry tmi) bc there wasn't too much, so when he came back in I said I thought maybe my water broke but I wasn't sure.

Right when I said that, there was a huge gush, and I was literally laying on my back with my hand covering it like it was going to help keep it in or something .. I love dh for not making fun of me. You'd think it would have stopped there but it just kept coming and coming.. I stood in the shower, over the toilet.. and still went through 3 overnight maxipads, and pretty much a towel .

I called the doctor and she said to come in (of course it was the one doctor that I did not like), since at my last appointment I had been 4 CM & 90%.

Getting the last minute stuff into the bag was a PITA, but dh was helpful bc I had made a list .

The 15-20 minute drive to the hospital took almost an hour, because of the icy roads. One minute I was yelling at DH for going too fast, the next I was yelling at him for going too slow.. hehe.

We got to the hospital and she swabbed my fluid to test it and make sure it was amniotic fluid. Contractions were bareable at this point, but I really really wanted to walk around, or use the tub. She said I couldn't do anything until they checked me in, which they couldn't do until the test came back positive.

I wanted to punch her in the face. I mean, unless there was a waterfall suddenly developing in my uterus, it was DEFINATELY my amniotic fluid. Ugh she made me so mad, and it felt like it took FOREVER.

Finally she came back, hooked me up to the monitors, and an IV. She checked me and I was still 4 CM. I asked to walk around, and she said that Caleb had to have a heart acceleration show up on the monitors before I could go anywhere.

So at that point I was pretty pissed because I had planned to try a lot of different things in early labor, and here I am, strapped to a stupid bed.

By the time he had an acceleration, my contractions were so strong that I didn't even want to go for a **** walk anymore.

I asked to be checked at around 4:30. She didn't want to but did, and I was then 6 CM.

I continued laboring on the bed for a while (tried the birthing ball but didnt like it), because I was very nauseas and dizzy.

I asked for nausea meds, which helped for a few minutes but that was about it.. then used an oxygen mask for a while because I felt like I was going to pass out. I think it was just nerves, and my body's reaction to the pain.

I labored like that for a bit, and then asked for some pain meds. She gave me a dose in my IV and it didn't really help with the contraction pain, but did help by making me drowsy enough to get good(ish) rest in between them.

I spent so much time beforehand thinking about which labor positions I would use, but when it came down to it, laying on the bed felt better than anything else.. which suprised me a lot.

I had my eyes closed through most of the contractions, and I didn't want anyone to touch me, which really suprised me. Dh was great.. when he did something I didnt like all I could manage was shaking my head, and he knew to back off .

After a little bit I asked for another dose of meds. The contractions were now bad. During every one I would think "just get a **** epidural", and then when it was over it was "ok..ok.. I can do one more..". I hated it!!

At around 6:00, I asked to be checked again, and once again she didnt want to because she didnt think I was dialeted so quickly. I was an 8.

Really soon after this I begged to be checked again, and I was a 9, she said with just a little tiny piece there. The doc said that the next minutes will be really hard because I will be going through transition and will feel like Im going to die.

I looked at her like she was crazy because I was sure I was already going through this. Not even 5 minutes after she walked out the door, I made DH go and get her back because my body was pushing on its own with the contractions.

I do have to say that it feels just like taking a crap .

They had DH on one leg, and a nurse and one of my arms holding the other. She kept yelling at me bc I was putting my arms above my head and holding the rail for some reason. Everyone says pushing is the easiest.. and it definately helps to not really feel the contractions as much, but it was just as hard for me.

I think it's because I was so nervous. With the contractions I knew what to expect, because I had had them for a while.. but with pushing I just had no clue.

But my back was just killing me. During the whole labor I felt almost all of it in my back, and pushing was no different. The pressure on my tailbone area was HORRIBLE.

Anyways, I pushed for what DH says was about 35 minutes, but it actually felt a lot quicker. How it felt when he came out was nothing compared to the pain in my back during it all. He was born and they put him on my stomach and I was too exhausted to cry, but the feeling was great .

DH cut the cord and held him for a quick second after he had to be back on me bc his temp was over a degree too low. We tried breastfeeding for the first time , and DH actually cried before me .

I didn't feel the placenta being delivered until it was coming out, but it didn't hurt at all. What did hurt was the stitches. I only needed 4 stitches in two different places, but where I tore hurts sooo bad. DH refused to tell me where it is, he says I don't want to know... all he said is it looked pretty **** painful. .

It took her forever to sew it up because my legs kept closing automatically on her bc it hurt.. she was getting mad .

Afterwards wasn't too bad. Bleeding and cramping weren't too bad, only thing that really bothered me was the stitches but the motrin or ibuprofen whichever it was, was enough to help the pain.

That's about it! Very lucky for a first time mama, with only about 4 hours of labor... hopefully all of mine go so quick .

December 11th, 2009, 03:12 AM
lil duckies mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not to bad at all. So glad you did it without the epi, cause you sounded like you really did not want it.

Congrats again MAMA!

Thank you Claire1979!
December 11th, 2009, 04:10 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Congrats on your fast labor and no epidural!! WTG! Welcome to the world Caleb TFS your birth story.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
December 12th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope mine is that quick too! I'm so glad to read all the different stories and see a little of what to possibly expect.

December 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Congratulations on your bundle of joy! I know the feeling of not getting an epidural, but hey you made it! I never really believed my mom that pushing would be like "taking a crap" and a life or death situation, but she was so right! For my first born, I was so scared I would actually do a number 2, haha...but I didn't...sure felt like it though. Also, the pain from him was like yours, all in the back and for my daughter, the pain was all in the tummy (moms know best - she told me that too).
December 15th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL, that night in the hospital, I looked over at my husband all serious and was all "soo.... did I poop?" .

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search