Antoine Christophe's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Delsol's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Although he was not due until the 25th, my little finger kept telling me he would arrive on December 5th. I should have listened more - my intuition was correct!

Early on Friday the 4th, my husband went into 'nesting mode' only man-style. He suddenly decided we needed to DEEP clean every closet in the house, straighten up the garage and sort through every piece of paper known to man, purging what was old. He also decided to dig into a cache of server equipment, monitors, tons of electronics from our now defunct business and get rid of things we won't need anymore. Needless to say, after weeks of nesting myself - rationally, the end result be a clean home, my house was trashed! Boxes lay everywhere. Dirt, dust - the place was a mess (leaves, snow and mud tracked indoors!), and my husband was in a frenzy going from house to garage, to curbside - 'straightening up'. Did I also mention he decided to splurge this Christmas, unbeknown to me, and bought a few pieces of furniture (e.g. massage chair and ottoman) we don't have room for, which arrived that day as well? I finally said, "Stop the insanity! You are overwhelming me! I had this place ready for baby, and now we'll have to start over!" He said not to be alarmed, that ALL would be done by Monday. I grumbled that we may not have that long, then declared I was finished for the day and stumbled off to bed. DD came with me. She's been having trouble sleeping and I was too exhausted to go through her bedtime routine. I hadn't felt well in days and was simply weary.

Just after midnight, I got up to use the bathroom in the dark. DD was snoozing away. DH was missing, which is not unusual because he is a night owl. While sitting on the potty, I heard a "pop!" and felt the water gush out of me. I knew what it was, but could not believe it. I stood in a daze, and felt another gush of water come out. Finally I had to admit this was reality and get moving. First thing I did (after stuffing two bath towels between my legs was call Kaiser to say I think my water broke. The night nurse advised me to head on in to the hospital and try to be there within an hour. Then I called a friend - woke her out of bed - and asked if she could take Sylvie for the night. She had offered to in an emergency, and this was one. Then I went looking for my husband. At 12:30 a.m., he was still cleaning out the garage! I told him my water broke, that we had to go, then gave him a few simple instructions about things I wanted him to make sure we brought with us (camera, phone numbers, etc). He took off to take a shower, and I went to pack a bag for me, and a separate one for Sylvie. We were out the door within an hour. My DD was sleepy, excited - and offered a HUGE smile when I explained I was off to have baby brother. We dropped her off at the sitter's house, then drove calmly downtown to the hospital - about a 20 minute drive.

When we arrived, the staff needed to verify my water had broken - not a pleasant procedure, which is sort of like having a dry pap smear. After waiting an hour for the results, they came back and said they needed to do it again. (groan) Another hour later, we were admitted and taken to a l & d room.

Contractions had started, but they were mild and at least 10 minutes apart. The doctor suggested pitocin to get things going, but before that he said I would probably also need some other drug to soften the cervix - administered via a suppository. I was hesitant about that, and he seemed perturbed. Luckily, after checking me, he felt that I was already 2 - 3 centimeters dilated, so we were able to go directly for the pitocin alone. Once the contractions got fairly painful I opted for the epidural. That went in without a hitch. Beyond that, we waited, and waited, and waited. DH and I tried to nap in dim lighting until it was my time to push. Around 2:00 in the afternoon, I started pushing, but it was slow going since I could not feel my lower body yet. We waited another hour of so for the epidural to wear off a bit more, then started again. This time I could feel the muscles I needed to and all went well. I pushed from a side position - lying on my left side. Because I had torn so badly before with my dd (4rth degree, down into the anus) the doctor suggested a lateral episiotomy to avoid the same. I agreed, and it was a good thing. I still tore, but not as bad. My beautiful son was born, I got stitched up - and the rest is now history!

Congrats to all ladies in our DDC! It has been such a wild ride - I look forward to our playgroup, and continuing the fun!

December 18th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Congratulations on your baby boy! He's beautiful! I would have killed my DH if he left me that mess TFS your birth story.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
December 18th, 2009, 02:12 PM
CaddyMom126's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nice story! I agree with pp I would have gone over the edge if my husband did that while I was pregnant.
Your son is so cute! Congratulations. : )

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search