Dakota Grace - 11/28/2009 (Pic heavy)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Sariedakota's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dakota's birth story!

2am on 11/28/09 I was woken by a warm gush of water.. it wasnt my full water breaking so I honestly wasnt sure if I had pottied on myself or if my water broke. I woke DH and we got things together, took a shower, and finally went to the hospital around 330am. I wasnt contracting, but by the time we were on our way to the hospital I was starting to have BH closer and closer together, still nothing painful though. They tested to see if it was my water breaking and sure enough it was and we were ready to be admitted.

By the time I got into my room and hooked up to the monitors, it was prob around 5am or so. I was still not contracting regularly or having any pain at all. At around 730am, they started me on pitocin to get my contractions more regular and get the labor going. About 10 minutes later, my water fully broke. Weirdest feeling in the world.. felt like a baloon popped in my stomach and water gushed out. I started having painful contractions shortly after and asked for the epidural, got the epi around 8am. Still 1cm and about 80% effaced at this time (yup, I'm a wuss, ha!!). I was checked again at 830am and was at a 3cm. Around 1030am I started feeling the contractions so asked the nurse to come in and check to make sure the epi wasnt wearing off. She checked me and I was a 9!! Already!! By 11am, I was ready to push! I couldnt believe it went by so quickly... labor was EASY and I was full of energy, ready to push my little girl out!

Started pushing just after 11am. Little did I know, I would be pushing for over 2 hours with still no progress at all. Dakota was sunny side up and turned a little and the nurse and dr could not get her turned down. Also, my pelvic bones dont have much room so nurse said even after pushing for 1 hr w/ no progress that she didnt think I would be able to push her through. Finally Dr said we would have to have a c-section. I was SO scared and nervous but at the same time, I was SO ready for them to get her out. I was even more scared about her being in my birth canal for so long and causing any damage to her.

Dr came in and gave me numbing meds and wheeled me into surgery room while DH put on his scrubs. I was prepped, ready to go, and they brought DH into the room. It was such an emotional time.. I remember every moment!! I remember feeling no pain, just the tugs and pressure.. and laying there waiting to hear the cries of my little girl.

At 1:45pm Dakota Grace was born into the world with lungs of steel! She was handed off to the nurses to get cleaned up a bit, get swaddled, and then DH was able to bring her over to me. We both held her and cried.. it was the most amazing moment of our lives!!! While they wheeled me back to the labor room, DH walked w/ the nurses to take her to the nursery. We had prob about 30 of our family and friends in the waiting room and DH was able to walk Dakota through the waiting room for them all to see her right after delivery. We are SO in love with her!!! I couldnt imagine my life w/out her here!!! This has been such an amazing thing for us and DH and I have fallen in love all over again, such a stronger, deeper love!! Its just an amazing amazing feeling!!!

Dakota Grace
Born 11/28/09 at 145pm
6lbs 7 oz - 19 in

This is her hospital pic! 2 days old!

She's the most perfect little Angel!!!!!!

December 15th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Congratulations! Ah, your little girl came just two days after my little girl. You are brave to gone through a c-section. Despite the pain, I think I'll always try for a natural birth because I'm just so self-conscious about my tummy after surgery.
December 18th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl! That's crazy how fast you dilated! TFS your birth story.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
December 18th, 2009, 03:09 PM
CaddyMom126's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow- she is beautiful! Those eyes are amazing. Congratulations!

January 2nd, 2010, 10:10 PM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
Shes beautiful! Congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search