Alex Levi's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2009, 11:14 AM
lovin to be mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well first we start on mon 12/7... went to the dr for my 37 week app and had high BP, so they sent me to L&D to get blood tests done and they were fine so...Tuesday 12/8 I have to do a 24 hour urine collection, I wake up wed 12/9 SO SWOLLEN , I called the Dr and they looked at my urine and said the tests were saying i had mild pre-e and he said come in Thurs 12/10 to get checked out. So I go Thursday and I still have high blood pressure so he send me to L&D again to get more blood tests.
So I am waiting for the results to my tests and the nurse noticed i was having contractions that were registering on the monitor and asked me about them. I told her i felt them but they didnt hurt....so a little while later she comes back in and I am like ummm they are starting to hurt so anyway....by the time the dr comes in with the results to my blood test I am having really strong contractions so she checks me and I am at a 4!!! So she said your not going home so i had to call DH tell him to get his butt up there cuz I was in labor!! LoL
So around 7:40 pm they put me in a room and set everything up because from what I had told them about DD birth (6 hours and the dr coming in to check and and the baby already coming) they said they didnt want to be suprised so they were all ready.....
Well by 1 am friday I was finally an 8...they said he was transverse so his head wouldnt engage so thats what was taking so long. They told me all the ways to try to make him spin, so I started flipping from side to side every thirty min which made the contractions all in my back...OUCH it hurts to think about it....then I walked and all kinds of stuff....well by like 7 am i am still an 8!!!! and I am done!! I had 12 hours of labor and no meds and I finally said Ok give me an epi! But the nurse knew I really didnt want that so she checks me again and goes to get the dr. So the dr comes in and says we can try something, it will hurt but it will get this baby out. So she said she was going help lift my cervix while i pushed...WOW !! All I know is at 7:24 I hear the scream and my little guy was here. He worked my butt of that is for sure!!!!! But he is so worth it...He is really good and has caught on to BF like a champ!!! We are very proud!! And there is nothing like a hard, long labor to make you realize the miricle of birth and I certainly realize it now!!!!
December 14th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Vicki...'s Avatar Mommy to Caleb & Ethan
Wow sounds like a very surprising day girl, and definitely sounds like he made you work hard, by the way I saw the pics you posted on the main board, he's so adorable

December 15th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your birth story.
December 19th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Congratulations on your pain-med free birth! That's crazy how fast he came with just a push on your end and from the doctor! TFS your birth story.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search