Kelby Stephen

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Veteran
I went to my Dr. appt on Dec 4th and was dialated 3-4. My doc was certain I would go into labor over the weekend but she had said that the week before so I talked her into scheduling an induction on 12-11.
The next day I went to work as normal but didn't feel right and definately didn't want to be there. I was having contractions all morning but I had been having contractions for 2 weeks so I wasn't paying much attention to them.
At noon my water broke at work. I wasn't positive it was my water since with my first one it came out all in one big gush. This time if I was standing still I was alright, but as soon as I started walking it would leak out like I was peeing my pants.
So my boss grabbed my arm and drug me out the door and to the hospital, which is only a block away. I was literally in a room being checked with in 10 minutes. I so did not want to be at the hospital that early, I kept trying to talk her into just letting me drive home
But I was there and my water did indeed break and I was still at a 3-4. I was not registering any contractions anymore so the Dr. order Pitocin right away. Feeling overwhelmed I begged for an hour because I wanted this delivery to be as natural as possible. They argreed to 1 hour exactly. So I started walking the halls. In one hour I only felt 2 contractions, so into bed I went and they started the Pitocin. I hate being confined to bed.
They told me I would be checked again at 6 pm, by that time the contractions were every 2 to 3 minutes and getting uncomfortable. So I was expecting to be at least a 6-7 since I didn't really feel any pain with my daughter until I was at 8. Nope I was still 3-4 after 4.5 hours of pitocin.
I lost it and started bawling. They talked me into a shot of something to relax and I don't really remember the next 4 hours, but I was checked again and finally at a 6.
By then the shot was wearing off and my labor was all in my back and excrutiating. I made it thru the next four hours and at 2 am I was at an 8. This labor was alrady 3 hours longer than my first.
Then things got really bad. they kept upping the pit and the contractions were coming fast and hard. But I still knew from my frist that they weren't strong enough and didn't feel right. Maybe because it was all in my back and I couldn't feel my stomach tighting up all of that made me cry thru most of the the next 2 hours.
At 4 am the Dr. came in and I was still at an 8. She told me I had 2 choices, get an epideral and relax, and be monitered for the next hour because Kelby's heart rate was starting to drop or get a c-section. She said at that point the section was urgent but she was afraid in the next hour it could become an emergency.
Thru all of this they were checking me and putting in moniters and making me stay on my back. Not good when you are having back labor I think that's what finally broke me.
I told her to give me 5 minutes I talked it over with my husband. We decided c-section now was probably our best bet before it became an emergency. So off I went to the OR and Kelby Stepen was born at 5:06 am.
The spinal wasn't as bad as a thought it would be and neither was the c-section. I would do it all over again in a heart beat.
December 15th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Congrats! For my second baby, my water didn't really break either. It kind of leaked instead, like yours. How lucky you and I are to be that 10% whose water breaks/leaks (even a second time)! We should play the lottery. j/k
December 18th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
Congratulations!! I'm sorry things didn't go how you initially wanted them to, but it sounds like your choice for c-section was best. Glad you are happy with your decision. TFS your birth story

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search