Payton Elizabeth's Birth Story 12-14-09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2009, 08:46 AM
~Payton's Mommy~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Monday morning I was scheduled for a NST at 7:50 am. We had the NST done then headed into an exam room to wait to see the doctor. As I went to lay down on the table my water broke (8:45 am)....talk about funny. I seriously couldn't stop laughing. I of course say Matthew hun I think my water just broke. He peaks out the door and grabs a nurse who makes me get undressed. The doctor comes in and goes yes dear your water definately did break. We are going to send you straight to L and D. My doctors office is connected to the women and babies hospital. So I get wheeled over there and checked in.
I get all set up in my L and D room around 10 I believe it was. They got me all hooked up and said I was having contractions but nothing substantial which I knew because I couldn't feel them. Around 12 my midwife said we're going to start you on pitocin since your not progressing and because of my high BP. She started pitocin around 12:30 at first it wasn't too bad my contractions picked up but nothing I couldnt handle. I was checked at 1:30 and 3cm, completely thinned out and 0 station. By 2they were hard core I thought I was going to die contractions. They were already 2-3 minutes apart lasting up to 90 seconds. I sucked it up until about 4 and finally caved and asked for my epi. I had my epi by 4:30 and it was heaven. I had the perfect epi. So I of course continued to have contractions but it was more pressure than anything. They finally had to decrease my pitocin because I was having 6 contractions every 10 minutes and they only wanted me to have 4-5.
Around 7:30 I was checked again by my midwife and she goes well your 9 cm nad +3 station were ready to start pushing within the hour. Of course I just sent DH to go get something to eat since he hadnt eaten all day. I call him and say hun get back here NOW.
I started pushing at 8:19 pm and Payton was born at 8:32 pm. So 13 minutes of pushing wasnt too bad.lol
Payton Elizabeth came out with her eyes wide open checking out everything.
She weighed 8lbs 4oz
21 inches long
12-14-09 8:32 pm
scored a 9 on Apgar
I would do it all over again in all honesty labor was easy compared to what I thought it was going to be. I was quite proud of myself. DH was abslutely amazing through the entire day.

Thank you Vicki for my beautiful siggy.

Last edited by ~Payton's Mommy~; December 19th, 2009 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Update
December 19th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
You were in the perfect place for your water to break! LOL! Glad to hear you had such a great labor/delivery. Payton is beautiful. Congratulations! TFS your birth story.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
December 19th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
How funny your water broke at the doc's ofc! What big, open, curious eyes! CONGRATULATIONS!

~~~~~~
December 19th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What a great experience. Congratulations!

December 19th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Gobaby1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a cutie pie she is... all alert posing for her picture!

December 21st, 2009, 11:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
She is sooo cute! Just lurking from March, but had to say that!
December 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
fulloflove's Avatar I love being a mommy!
lurking from February DDC...
wow! your little one looked so alert laying on that scale. what beautiful eyes! congratulations on your LO's arrival and a good L&D experience!!

this AMAZING siggy was made by Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob*!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search