Breilyn Jade's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 18th, 2009, 05:09 PM
*Cheyenne*
So here is my birth story!!!!

Thursday (November 26 Thanksgiving day) we had dinner and shortly after dinner my contractions started and just continued to progress, I had DH take me into the Chariton Hospital (which is 7 miles from we live) because I didn't want to make a trip up to Methodist and be told nothing was changing and be sent home, well Chariton checked me and I was still only 1cm dilated so on home I went, well his checking me must have progressed my contractions more because my goodness they hurt so bad, we went home and I took a warm bath to see if that would calm them but nope, they kept coming and getting very strong!!!!! So I called the after hours line and they paged the on call doctor who just happened to my OB doctor and he called me back and told me to come in, but told me if I wasn't in labor I would have to wait til Monday (my scheduled c-section date), so off to the hospital we went, and on the way to the hospital we got pulled over (OMG), I'm having contractions 2 minutes apart and we get pulled over, thank god the state trooper let us go and radio'd to other officers to just let us go if they seen us, so we got to Methodist around 10:30pm or so, they got me hooked up to the monitors and everything and the contractions were coming 1 to 2 minutes apart and were spiking up to the 60 and 80 ranges, a few of them even got clear up to the 100 range and WOW were those painful, at first my doctor wanted to try and stop my contractions but after it an hour and a half of trying to get my IV in and 2 blown veins, the nurse finally got it in and the doctor decided to go ahead and deliver Bre (by this time it was 1:30am) doctor got there at 2am and I was prepped for the Operating Room, then taken back there, Terry was out in the waiting area waiting to be let in, when they got me in the operating room they sat me up to do my spinal and well needless to say, were not successful, they tried six times to get my spinal in and it just wasn't happening, he even hit a nerve in my back that made my leg jerk really bad, so sadly, I had to go under general anesthesia, and Terry wasn't allowed to be in there because of that reason , so I was very sad about that, but they let him in as soon as she was out, and he was in there clear up until the time they were starting to wake me up!
Breilyn Jade DeVore was born on Friday, November 27,2009 at 2:51am with a full head of black hair, as you can tell from the pictures!!!! I was brought back to my room at 4am which is when you all seen my facebook status

Now 3 weeks later, we're doing great and she is breastfeeding great, my incision is healing nicely, it's open in one small spot, but nothing bad, it's closing slowly!!!!

I should have internet again at home around the middle of February or so you'll be getting LOTS of pictures!!!!!
December 19th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Formerly LyndaSLP
What a story! Why would they want to stop your contractions? Sorry to hear that you had to have general anesthesia because the spinal wasn't working. Congratulations on your baby girl!!! Glad to hear you are recovering well and that she is doing so great. TFS your birth story.

***PLEASE DO NOT MENTION PREGNANCY ON FACEBOOK***
December 19th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Sally5's Avatar Exhausted Mommy!
Congrats!!!

~~~~~~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search