Juliana Elizabeth- Nov 10, 2009 Sorry so late and so long!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2010, 07:36 PM
jackkey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry that I am so late with posting this. I have tried several times to post it but with my computer not working, and trying to catch up on sleep it just never seemed to work out. So better late than never! Here it goes!!!

Sunday Nov 8th I started having little contractions nothing regular. I had an appointment the next day at 1:00 to get a stress test done and to schedule my induction since I was at this time 3 days late. Nothing happend Sunday. Than around 3 am (Monday) contractions started to come pretty regular and getting stronger. They were still 10 mins apart so we just kept monitoring them. We went to our appointment at 1:00 and they hooked me up to the stress test machine. At this time I was feeling contractions pretty regular, but they were still not strong...I was still able to talk. The doctor came in and said it all looks fine. They scheduled me for Thursday to be induced. Than I got hit with a big contraction that took my breathe away. He checked my cervix and I was still only about 3 cm and 100% effaced. He than looked at the machine and said "well you are having contactions every 3-6 mins". DUH!!!! Told you I was having them!!! lol So than he went and striped my membrains....OMG that was not fun! He told me to go home get something to eat and come back to L&D around 5:00.
So we left the doctors around 3 went got something to eat and went to my mom's house. Her house is closer to the hospital. George went up to the base and put in his leave papers. While he was gone I went into full blown labor!! Contractions were coming every 3-5 mins still but they were so strong and painful. I was in tears. My poor puppy didn't leave my side the whole time.
George came back to my mom's to get me and I could hardly stand up. My mom told me "hang in there but it's going to get worse!" Thanks mom!!!! At this point tears were running down my face. I was in so much pain. We got to the hospital a little after 5 and the doctor was waiting for me. They put me in a room, hooked me up to the monitors and the nurse checked my cervix and still only 3 cm!! So they let me labor for awhile. I was begging for an epi at this point. They got me admitted and sent for it. They made George leave the room and I was scared. I had no idea he had to leave me. I had such a great nurse who walked me through it all, and I have to say I didn't feel anything. George came back in and I was feeling no pain. By this time my mom and sister were there with us. At this time it's about 6:30. About an hour later they came running in, the babies heartrate kept dropping. They said it could have been from the epidural. They broke my water and had to hook me up to an interanal monitor. At around 10 pm I was 4 cm and contractions were coming every 2 mins or so. Than the doctor came running back in the room, her heartrate was dropping again. When they broke my water he said there really wasn't a whole lot of fluid. The doctor than put in a cathator flushing water to the baby, hoping that would help. It didn't. So they told me I had to have a c-section. I was scared. I knew everything was going to be ok, but I was still scared. Poor George was freaking out. He was so scared. I was telling him it was going to be fine. So they than got me ready to go. The medicine they gave me made me so tired, well that and I have been in labor for like 21 hours now. There were times laying on that table that I almost feel asleep. How sad would that have been if I slept through the birth of my child!! lol
At 12:18 am Tues Nov. 10th, Juliana Elizabeth was born. 6lbs 7 oz 18 in. They didn't let me see her at first because she took a gulp of fluid on her way out. I than heard the best sound in the world. Her first cry! It was perfect! They than brought her over to me and she was so alert. She was looking all around taking it all in. She than started blowing bubbles! lol She was so cute.
George went with Juliana to get all cleaned up while they closed me up. I started to feel all kind of tugging and pulling, more now than ever. So they gave me some meds to fall asleep. Worked for me!! They were probably tired of hearing me complain! lol I came through as they were rolling me out of the room. They finally brought Juliana into me and I got to hold her for the first time! She was so perfect! I was able to nurse her as well. She latched on right away.
Around 3 am my mom and sister got to come in and meet her. I couldn't believe they waited!
So that was pretty much it. I can't believe it was almost 3 months ago already. Sorry this was so late and that it's so long. Thanks for reading!!!!

Thank you Babydoll 213 for the great siggie!

August 30th, 2010, 11:22 AM
Veteran
Hey!!! Our daughter's share the same Birthday!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search