Lillie Ashlynn *updated with pics*

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On July 8th, I went for my 39 week appointment and when the doctor checked me, I was still at a 1 with no softening. She sent me for an ultrasound to check my fluids, and once she got to look at them, she decided to schedule my induction for July 14th (my DD).

I was told to be the hospital at 8:00pm on July 13th so they could start the cervadil. We got to the hospital, they admitted me, got me hooked up to everything, then gave me the first cervadil at 10pm. I had to lay flat with my feet above my head for an hour. Then at 2am, they gave me the second cervadil. I was having easy contractions by then, just didn’t realize it. Fast forward to 6am. They started the Pitocin at 6, then the doctor came and broke my water at 7:30am. No one bothered to tell me that I couldn’t get up and go to the bathroom after they broke my water. Ugh.

Around 8:30, I was contracting every 7 or 8 minutes, and in quite a bit of pain. By 9:30, I had my epidural, and what a glorious thing it was… Until I couldn’t feel my right foot. That’s when I got pissed. Looking back now, I wonder why it made me so angry, but it did. I tried to sleep after my epidural, but only faded in and out for several hours.

Around 11 or so, I sat up and was talking to someone (not sure who, think it was my SIL) and mid sentence, I told her I was going to be sick, so she grabbed the trashcan and I threw up a ton of water (from the ice chips) and bile. I ended up throwing up more ice chips and bile around 1ish. I continued to fade in and out of sleep, never actually sleeping.

At 2pm, the nurse checked me and I was at a 10. She called the doctor, who promptly arrived within about 10 minutes. They got everything ready and I pushed for an hour and half. Then my darling Lillie was born at 3:41pm on July 14th, 2009. Unfortunately, I did not get immediate skin2skin contact because she had ingested meconium. So they took her, suctioned her, and, fortunately, she hadn’t ingested too much, so they were able to hand her over within minutes. I held her for the first time at probably 3:50pm. She was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

When they took her to get looked at by the ped, the nurse brought me some apple juice, which I immediately threw up. She then gave me phenergan, and I passed out until around 6:30. When I came out of it, I attempted to breastfeed, which was very difficult. Then they moved us to recovery.

Edited for pics:

#1, 4, 5, 7

Last edited by Mom2LillieAidan; February 21st, 2010 at 06:55 PM.
February 21st, 2010, 05:31 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Better late than never is what I said when I got mine up months later also! LOL
how about a couple newborn shots to go with that story!
February 21st, 2010, 06:49 PM
Mom2LillieAidan's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Give me some time to pull them off facebook, then I'll post them.

#1, 4, 5, 7
February 22nd, 2010, 09:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing! It is so nice to remember these memories!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search