Chloe's birth...better late than never???!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2010, 09:42 AM
jesicaRN
So posting story late...but here we go!
I was closely monitored for size of Chloe because our last baby (Jared) was 10 lbs 3 oz and has shoulder distosia (got stuck--too late for c-section) and came out not breathing for 13 minutes. thought he was blind, and would have problems...through some miracle he is a beautiful wonderful healthy boy who is 7!!!) I grow em big and do not even have GD!!!
So they decided to induce me 1 week early. went in on 22nd oct at 6 am with first dose of cervadil to soften cervix. we walked and walked and walked the halls--we were confined to the OB floor due to swin flu! I was barely dilating to I think almost one. did another dose at 530 pm doc placed cervadil (mind you I was begging all day to go home and come back when in labor but doc refused and said now days they keep monitoring patients with cervadil--our first we did cervadil and went home until labor started). so nothing at 540 no contrax...nothing!! doc came in room and started writing orders to release me to go home, then come back in morning and try again...the RN was in the room as well! all the sudden a gush of water came out--doc was worried since I was only not eve 1 cm dilated---so she checked--sure enough I had prolapsed cord ( cord came out first and baby pressing on cord=no O2 to baby)
So being a nurse I knew right away it meant emergency c-section and knew risks. Doc jumped on my bed and pused head up off cord best she could called triage team into room and OR is being preped as she was prepping me. I had one RN starting IV, another Cathing, and another shaving---all while doc was holding baby's head up as best she could. another RN getting consent signed by hubby for surgery.
They rolled my bed to surgical suite with doc on top of bed holding baby's head up--she had to scrub in so RN jumped up on bed and they did a swap--sooooo not fun!!! In less than 5 minutes I dilated fully and let me tell you the pain was unreal!! I have done natural births with absolutely no meds with my first 2 children--huge babies and this couldn't even compare!!!! I had to go under general anestheia no time for spinal. I just kept saying please save my baby, just save my baby!!! all I kept thinking about was Jared's birth and how close we came to losing him--couldn't go through that again. I just kept asking God "have I been too greedy wanting more children? " --mind you we had bad birth with Jared and reversal for this pregnancy.
So they get me in OR--anesthesiologist says 1.2.3..and she's out---"AH! no I hear you, i am not out" i say to the anesthsiologist she slays "you will be"---all I remember.
Woke up to my doc crying saying my baby is okay!!! She is the same doc who went through our last birth as well and knew our worries---high stress pregnancy let's just say! Once again she saved my child's life!!! I just hugged her and told her how amazing she is. I go to recovery and wait to see my hubby and baby!!!
They let my family in to see me early given the emergency--water broke at 5:35 pm was prepped wheeled into surgery and out of surgery by 5:55 Chloe born at 546. They were fast fast fast--so thankful for the team who was there. my best friend's sister was running the floor that night--nice to know who was in control!!
So we are so very blessed to have our little Chloe, healthy and happy. no more natural births for me--as I tend to give my poor babies hard time coming out!! So if we do have more children it will be via scheduled c-section. Which, by the way, suck balls!!! the recovery from c-section sucks!!!!!! So different than my natural births--I was out of the hopital less than 24 hours including labor!!! I just feel so different recoving this time around--a lot slower for sure and just not quite back to myself!
Any way sorry for late posting...but wanted to share---helps talking about it because in a sense I felt robbed not getting to see her first, hold her first, or even know what happened when she was born--but am working through it and feel better!! just thankful she is here!!!

FUNNY SIDE NOTE: during surgery the RN had to hold the baby up --so the next day she was my RN again and told me it was the first prolapse cord she had wittnessed and said the whole time during hte surgery she kept saying "please don't cut my fingers, please don't cut my fingers"...AHAHAHA!! she was so sweet and thoughful afterwards. still calls every once in a while thinking about us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search