Mason's birth story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2010, 08:44 PM
On December 27th I lost my MP while grocery shopping and started with pretty heavy spotting.

On December 28th I was sent to L&D because I had lost control of all bodily functions. I couldn't tell when I needed to use the bathroom. My doctor wanted to keep me overnight but I convinced him to let me go home because of Patrick and my having not eaten in over 13 hours. He let me go under the promise that I would see him in office first thing in the morning.

On December 29th I saw my doctor at 10 am. The NST came back normal, I was still spotting pretty heavy and losing pieces of my MP. The doctor did an internal and said my cervix was high and tilted back and i wouldn't be having Mason any time soon. He scheduled me to come back the following week.

At 2:00 pm my husband decided he wanted to go to the gym so I had him drop us (myself and my older son) off at the mall so we could walk around and spend my gift card he got me for Christmas. He said he'd return in 2.5 hours. At 4 I started having pains, not contractions, but pains like you'd get as a kid when you'd run as fast as you could for a long time. I didn't worry about it I just figured he was pushing out and I knew my husband would be there in 30 minutes. When my husband got to the mall he said I looked horrible (thanks hun) and asked if I was okay.

When we got home I asked him to start dinner so I could lie down. I couldn't get comfortable, and finally at 6 I started getting timeable contractions. I still didn't think much of them. I thought I over did it walking around the mall for two hours. I was able to breath through the pain. Hubby was still cooking dinner (I still don't know why it took him that long to make spaghetti lol).

Just before 8 I told hubby to stop cooking and take me to the hospital. He said "why? They're just going to send you home" I said "maybe so but they'll give me something to help this awful pain" He huffed and puffed around the kitchen turning the stove off and getting Patrick dressed. We decided not to drop Patrick off because we both figured they'd send me home.

I got to the ER at 8:17 pm and my contractions were back to back. I remember the ER guy asking me a million questions and I was getting seriously PO'd at him. FINALLY he gets me upstairs and I manage to change into a gown before collapsing on the bed. Lucky for me the nurses from the night before were there again. The student nurse checked me and said I was an 8, but the other nurse checked and goes "NOPE SHE'S A 10 AND THERE GOES HER WATER GET EVERYONE IN HERE NOW!!!!" Upon starting my IV I got the urge to push, the nurse told me to hold it in and breath through it. I did that for 3 back to back contractions and then I told her I couldn't hold it anymore he's coming. Sure enough there he was.

Mason was born at 8:32 PM a mere 15 minutes after checking in at the ER and MAYBE 10 minutes after getting up to L&D. He weighed 8 lbs 8.2 ounces and was 21 inches long. He was born just shy of 38 weeks and was as healthy as can be.

My total labor (from first timeable contraction) was 2 hours 32 minutes. Hubby wasn't in the room with me because they wouldn't let Patrick come up.

*Thank you Vickie for my siggy*
September 27th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that's crazy! (just now saw this post).. I thought my labor was quick, holy crap lol. Isn't funny that no one will listen to us, even thought it's OUR body??! Every time I asked the nurse to check me she got this "rolling eyes" face, like I couldn't have possibly progressed that fast with it being my first labor.. and then she would get surprised. When I said I had to push they didn't believe me at all >.<.

October 2nd, 2010, 10:08 AM
Now I have to go find your birth story and read it. Seriously, my husband asked me TWICE on the 10 minute drive to the hospital if the pain stopped yet and if we could go back home because I "didn't look like I was in pain".

:facepalm:

*Thank you Vickie for my siggy*
October 5th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OMG! Lol I would'a slapped him!! haha

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search