Levi Charles 1/9/09

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2010, 03:38 AM
pvm4ever88's Avatar Super Mommy
Levi's Birth Story

Okay so I'm not sure exactly what day it started but I think my labor is pretty long.
Anyways for two days, the 5th and 6th I've been having pains. Not as bad...now that I think about it, since they got a whole lot worse, but still pains(contractions.) Well on the night of the 7th I was to the point it hurt and could not get any sleep. They have me come in. Well I get hooked up to the machines and I get checked. I'm 1cm almost 2 dilated. The contractions pretty much slowed down when I got to L&D. Figures right? lol. Levi was being such a stubborn butt. So they discharge me and tell me to come back in when my water breaks. Okay so we go home.

Well now all day on the 8th my pains got 10X worse! In my opinion. I would lay down on my side trying to get some sleep and a contraction hit...it hurt so bad..and some brought me to tears. Well I would try and turn on my back and bring my knees up just to get some sort of relief. Nothing was helping me. This continued all day. DH could tell I was in a whole lot of pain. Well I was trying my hardest to deal with it and not go to L&D , being I did not want to be sent home again. By 3am I couldn't handle it and call the on call doctor. I explain what is going on and I'm pretty much on the verge of tears. He tells me it sounds like I'm in labor and to go in. So we drive to the hospital. Once there I'm checked and she tells me I am 4cms. They decide to keep me and hook me up to the machines. Well soon after that she starts my IV. I was poked 3 times before they got it right. So I have bruises lol, but pain is gain. I'm not sure exactly what the times are I dilated, but before 8 I was six almost seven cms. She said the doctor was coming in at 8 to break my water. Well of course the doctor was late lol. Anyways he comes in. The doctor on call was the doctor I normally seen for my OB appointments. So I was ecstatic since he was my doctor and not some total stranger lol. So after my water gets broke...I soon get the epidural. They were thinking I didn't need one since I couldn't really feel the contractions, but she said that could be, because of the fluids. Anyways I get the epidural. It feels like a bee sting, but I was shaking so bad..since I was nervous lol. Well almost 11 in the morning I'm 9 cm. Well after that they give me so pitocin to speed up my contractions. After that I was 10 cm. Now I was just waiting on the doctor so that I could push. He comes in and I am sooo ready for him to be here lol. Well pushing all together took me a hour and about 15 minutes. It was soo hard. I did good in the beginning, but then it hurt so much like I had something soo big stuck lol. Sorry, but true. Well when they told me he was right there...I tried my hardest to push...and then I couldn't anymore. I think I was crying it hurt so bad. I was to the point of wanting to give up. I even asked, can you just use something and suck him out? lol Of course that wouldn't work. The doctor was like "I'm going to help her out a little" So he cuts me and then one more big push and Levi Charles was born. I don't even think I looked over at him much after he was out lol...I was just soo relived he was out. DH cut the cord and I couldn't be more proud of him. During the whole process I keep saying " I don't ever want to go through this again." Yeah lol everyone tells me I'll change my mind. I don't think the pregnancy was so bad...but Labor is hard. I guess you have to work for something you want which is true in so many aspects.

Levi Charles was born on January 9, 2009 at 1:20pm. He weighed 7lbs 2.4ounces. He is 20 1/2 inches long. His head was 13 3/4 cms..and I can't remember what his chest was. It's on his chart, but he is in the nursery right now. He is full of hair too..well his head is lol.
He is the cutest thing ever in my opinion, but all babies are adorable. I still can't believe I am a mom, but I am. Weird how something so small changes your life.

Well that is my birth story. I never wrote one before so I hope this is good lol.
December 30th, 2010, 11:56 AM
getnthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Really neat to read this. I am surprised you have not written one before. You remembered a lot. one of these days I will try. I will probably have confussed the deliveries of my different children by then though. Congrats on expecting number 2. Are you as worried about delivery and stuff with #2?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search