How much..

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Ashes78
baby food does your little one eat a day?

Xan usually eats 2-3 jars of the Stage 1s. If he eats Stage 2s, he only eats 1/2 a jar at a time of them.
November 22nd, 2005, 05:25 AM
**Mary**'s Avatar mom to Tabby,Kk,Emi & Jay
Send a message via AIM to **Mary** Send a message via Yahoo to **Mary**
Emily will eat 2-3 jars of stage one's and a half jar or 2nd foods. and plus 3 8oz bottle of formula.

Mary
mom to: Tabitha 9,Katelyn 7,Emily 5,Jay 2 and Natalie Marie (5.31)

December 3rd, 2005, 09:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
ds has 32oz of formula a day, plus 2-3 jars of baby food and cereal or oatmeal

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
December 12th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Super Mommy
I don't know how old your babies are but from everything I have read babies 5-7 months should not be given anymore then a quarter cup of baby food in one sitting no more then 3 times a day. The point is to get them to try new tastes and not to fill them up. Solids is supposed to be an addition to breastmilk or formula and not to substitute either.
December 12th, 2005, 05:27 PM
hope1976's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
I don't know how old your babies are but from everything I have read babies 5-7 months should not be given anymore then a quarter cup of baby food in one sitting no more then 3 times a day. The point is to get them to try new tastes and not to fill them up. Solids is supposed to be an addition to breastmilk or formula and not to substitute either.[/b]
That's what I have heard too. In fact, I was concerned because Kiara won't eat much for food or cereal at all. The doctor told me that babies up to a year still need that formula to build up immunities, etc, so not to substitute anything for formula - that feeding them is simply teaching them how to "eat".
December 12th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old your babies are but from everything I have read babies 5-7 months should not be given anymore then a quarter cup of baby food in one sitting no more then 3 times a day. The point is to get them to try new tastes and not to fill them up. Solids is supposed to be an addition to breastmilk or formula and not to substitute either.[/b]
That's what I have heard too. In fact, I was concerned because Kiara won't eat much for food or cereal at all. The doctor told me that babies up to a year still need that formula to build up immunities, etc, so not to substitute anything for formula - that feeding them is simply teaching them how to "eat".
[/b]
Exactly! It says that in 3 of my baby books, anywhere I searched online regarding the topic plus I asked my midwife and pediatrician and all confimed that's correct. I researched all this months before hand. Before a year of age solids are not meant to be used as a substitute for breastmilk or formula. Mommies who are feeding more then the reccomended amount need to cut back because their defying the purpose of feeding solids.
December 12th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
^^exactly the reason i make sure my son drinks his bottle before i give him anything

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
December 13th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Radish4ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I give Grace foods when she's bored because she loves to eat! Mind you, we only feed her solids once a day.
She will either eat a jar of stage 2 food or a similar equivilent of cereal or stage 1s........
She likes to eat, but she likes breastmilk better!
She only eats to try it out!
Lately we've been also giving her tiny amounts of simple table foods (like tiny pieces of green beans or little bits of peas or cheerios) just to give her practice with finger foods.....

We don't feed her "meals" or anything yet.....
December 14th, 2005, 07:45 AM
My 7 month dd still hasnt had solids

December 23rd, 2005, 03:07 PM
Veteran
Josh will eat about 3 jars of stage#2, or 4 jars of stage#1 a day. He eats about 1 or 2 small bowls of rice cereal (soon he will be trying Oatmeal.) He also eats/drinks about 7 or 8 bottles of formula (Enfamil Natramigen, about 6 ounces at a feeding).

Josh's favorite solid food is Gerber's Bannas & Mixed Berries (stage 2). He also LOVES squash (any brand, stage 1 or 2)

December 28th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Melissa_A's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Melissa_A
Amelia is 8.5 months old. She eats three stage 2 jars (4oz each) of food per day plus 4 tablespoons of rice cereal (two tablespoons in two of her meals). She has about four 6 oz bottles of formula, give or take depending on what she feels like eating that day. Per her doctor, she started on a couple tablespoons of rice cereal in one feeding around 5 months, and we worked up to where she is now. We slowly introduced new foods and I also read you are supposed to give bottle first but I always gave her the solid first unless she was really hungry. It never changed her formula eating pattern until she started eating much more solids. I still believe that her main source of nutrition is from her formula and I believe it should be that way until close to a year.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search