Feeding Issues

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 18th, 2005, 12:22 PM
AmberC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberC
Man, my second child is sure turning out to be a handful! I never had any of these issues with my first. Anyways. Megan is about 6.5 months old. Shes been eating solids (gerber) since she was 4 months old. She was eating them 3 times a day and eating the entire container in one sitting. Then all of a sudden, she decided that she did not want it anymore. Well for a couple weeks now I have been able to fanagle her into eating half of the container.. but it was a struggle. NOW.. for the last couple of days I have not been able to get ANY in her. She just wont have it. Shes recenlty weaned herself too so shes on formula now and the dr told me that I cant give her a choice that the solids are important and she needs to have them, but what am I supposed to do? Hold her down and funnel them into her throat? I'm at a loss. I keep trying, 3 times a day, but she just gets mad and wont eat even one bite.

I think that she just doesn't want to sit and be still to eat it. She never wants to stop playing. Shes fine for a bottle, but she drinks those down so fast that it only takes a few minutes out of play time.

Anyone ever have this problem? What did you do?TIA

</div>
November 18th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Ashes78
It may just be a stage. Xan has been on solids for a while now. He went for about a week without eating any solids at all. He would refuse and spit it out. One day he just started eating again. I'm not sure what his deal was..lol. Have you tried giving her some new stuff that she hasn't tried before? Or maybe giving her some toys to play with while you are feeding her?
November 18th, 2005, 01:23 PM
AmberC's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to AmberC
Yes and yes. I've been introducing a new food a week. We were going onto stage twos when this all started. Its been more than a month though and now I'm getting worried since she just wont take any at all. She eats cheerios and she'll eat things off my plate, cheerio sized pieces of cooked carrots etc. She loves eating whatever I have, but I just dont feel that she is getting enough solids into her. She really only takes a few bites of whatever is on my plate too. I kindof feel that is why she is boycotting the gerber, she wants what I have. But I'm also nervous about what she can and cant have that I am eating and dont know how to make a meal plan for her kwim?

</div>
November 18th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Ashes78
They don't really need a whole lot of the solids. They only need a few tablespoons at each meal so I wouldnt worry too much about her not getting enough. If she will eat the cheerios, I would let her have them for breakfast and maybe some kind of fruit, like some mashed up banana, for lunch maybe some steamed veggies and fruit, and about the same for supper. She can eat just about anything that you are as long as it is soft enough and doesn't have salt and pepper and stuff added, kwim?
November 21st, 2005, 08:08 PM
Shandusky's Avatar Super Mommy
I have a friend who told me if I want him to keep eating jar foods, not to feed him table food. Because that's all he's going to want. Maybe that's what it is? Try cooking something for her yourself and preparing it for her. Maybe she doesn't like the taste of the jar food anymore.

Just a suggestion, hope it helps!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search