10 month old hates all babyfood now

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Regular
he eats 28 ozs formula along with cereal and babyfood and he doesnt like tablefood unless it's chicken or something like that. he loved all babyfood now he's giving me a hard time about all babyfood just gives me that "im gonna throw up look" with everything and moves his head back and forth when i go to put spoon in his mouth. I don't mind this cause he is at 10 months but what do i do when he's 12 months and off formula maybe it will change by then. I can't find any tablefood for him cause all he wants to do is look around and not eat and if it goes in his mouth he looks like "i cant chew this" then it falls out or he makes this gagging sound. i know he's still young but anyone have problems like this? what foods are good like tablefood i try soft stuff like soft veggies and chicken and eggs anything we are eating. my daughter is picky and i even give him her foods and he hates them. i am sure he will do fine i just don't know when and will babyfood be enough at a year if that's all he is eating? i am just worried..
December 18th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
My dd started this around 10 months or so too. We transitioned her off the baby food and onto table foods at this time. And boy was she picky too! I swear she ate the same foods for days! I know its hard, but just continue offering table foods and he will eventually get more used to it!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
December 18th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Stefanie's Avatar Member
Believe me, it will change! Try giving him green beans or maybe mashed potatoes... Something like that.. Or the little vienna sausages... They are really soft and my son loves them... If he won't eat it, then you eat infront of him.. When he sees that you like it, maybe he'll change a bit! Good luck.. It will get better!
December 19th, 2005, 10:14 AM
Regular
Quote:
Believe me, it will change! Try giving him green beans or maybe mashed potatoes... Something like that.. Or the little vienna sausages... They are really soft and my son loves them... If he won't eat it, then you eat infront of him.. When he sees that you like it, maybe he'll change a bit! Good luck.. It will get better![/b]

i tried green beans and mashed potatoes he gags on potatoes and the green beans he will keep a small piece in his mouth for like 5 min LOL anyway he is very distacted with his surroundings. we think he may have sensory problem too so that may cause a problem too
December 19th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't worry about it, he's only 10months old. Do you feed him or does he feed himself? Put the food on his tray and let him take what he wants, his nutrition should be coming from the formula anyhow. There's alot of time between now and 12months and if he's still picky you can leave him on the formula.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search