Baby Food Reviews

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2009, 09:10 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
do you have a Gerber baby? do you buy strictly organic baby food?

let us hear about your experiences and baby's reactions to the different ones you have tried !

post about brands,flavors,stages & juices !

February 1st, 2009, 10:41 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
Beechnut - so far all of the jar foods we have gotten, I have and Katie has been happy with. The cereals seem a bit more grainy than Gerber

Gerber - so far so good....she just hate Peaches...lol......we use their Oatmeal and she loves it. Some of their stage 2 veggies are bit runny though

Earths Best we have not had too many yet, but what we have gotten we were pleased with

Natures Goodness...LOVE LOVE LOVE it

Wild Harvest Organic..happy with it ..... but not a big variety, a little pricey

February 6th, 2009, 01:48 PM
kittycasper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a gerber baby.

He's had
All gerber stage one with the exception of peas, which I'll be adding those tonight and peaches. (a lot of people said there babies didn't like them so I had planned on skipping them but he has liked everythign else so I'm gonna try those after a few days for the peas.)

He's had gerber apple we are gonna get some gerber pear today also.

Oh I did try some prune juice with him he HATED HATED it. He also has not had the gerber prunes but given his reaction to the juice I'm gonna save my dollar on that one. LOL

He's also had Baby Mum Mums. (I break them into peices and put them in the mesh feeder he gums them until they turn to mush) He seems to like it a lot.
May 5th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
At this point she's been fed only organic food.

HappyBellies: We've tried the brown rice cereal. She loves it. Very smooth consistency. Its hard to find though. The only place I can find it is online. Has probiotics in it which I like.

Earth's Best: She's had the brown rice cereal, oatmeal, and we've purchased the multi-grain cereal but haven't tried yet. So far she's loved everything she's had except for their peas...which even disgusted me. It may have been a bad jar but they were very thick and pasty...not appropriate texture for Stage 1 at all. We're gonna try the Gerber Organic sweet peas since the texture seems to be alot smoother. If we revisit Earth's Best peas I may have to add water to smooth them out...unless the next jar is better.

Gerber Organic: She's loved everything she's tried. We've purchased their apple and pear juices as well as their oatmeal, but haven't tried any of them yet.

She's only on Stage 1 and hasn't tried much so I will have to update once she has had more foods.

May 6th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have just tried Gerber so far.
She has LOVED all the first veggies. Especially the sweet potatoes and Peas.
So far we have tried the applesauce and peaches. I dont think she cares for their tartness. The applesauce gave her some pretty bad gas!

May 6th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We have just tried Gerber so far.
She has LOVED all the first veggies. Especially the sweet potatoes and Peas.
So far we have tried the applesauce and peaches. I dont think she cares for their tartness. The applesauce gave her some pretty bad gas!

May 17th, 2009, 10:22 AM
lucy's mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Lucy eats mostly organic (with most of the non-organic stuff being fed to her by her grandma).

She's mostly an Earth's Best baby. She's had their stuff since she started solids. She's not too crazy about the fruits, but she loves all of the veggies and soup mixes. She gives me that tart-y face if i give her stuff like pears, but eventually she gets used to it. She's not crazy about the fruit/veggie mixes, or the spaghetti & cheese (which she absolutely refused to eat. LOL).

In the last two months, we've also added Happy Baby solids. She's always had their cereals (we started with the brown rice, now she eats mostly the mixed grain and the oatmeal), and she's loved them. The solids are awesome. She eats some of the 6+ month fruits (they are less tarty than the Earth's best, but the consistency is very watery, so i have to mix it with something else, like cereal or yogurt). Mostly she eats the 9+ month stuff, her fav is the chick chick (chicken & veggies). She also likes the salmon and lentils, which is pretty awesome for a baby, IMO.

Sometimes I will mix the EB with the Happy Baby foods.

The Happy Baby puffs are awesome. She loves them. We also eat Yo-Baby yogurts and ONE Gerber item...the organic prunes (because EB doesnt make plain prunes...they mix theirs with oatmeal, and Lucy likes her mixed with yogurt and the mixed grain cereal).

May 17th, 2009, 12:03 PM
lucy's mommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
HappyBellies: We've tried the brown rice cereal. She loves it. Very smooth consistency. Its hard to find though. The only place I can find it is online. Has probiotics in it which I like.
BTW, we are starting to find the Happy Baby/Bellies brand much easier nowadays. My local Whole Foods carries them (cereals, puffs, and frozen foods), as well as Babies R Us (not all of them carry them, though. I have 3 BRU near me, one has cereals/puffs, one has all of them, the last doesnt have any of them).

Also, if you buy the puffs, sometimes you find a "buy one get one free" coupon for the frozen food

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search