How much should she be eating and nursing???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2006, 06:58 PM
ashlynsmom's Avatar Veteran
I have a 6.5 month old daughter would is eating stage 1 baby foods and still nursing. I still don't know how much she should be eating and nursing! It's hard to tell how much breastmilk she's getting but when I pump to go to work, I'll thaw out about 15 ounces of milk for her. She usually drinks it all throughout the day and sometimes leaves an ounce or two left over. (Keep in mind that I nurse her twice before I go to work). She's been eating baby food twice a day--at lunch then dinner. That routine usually goes like this: for lunch, she'll eating about 3 tablespoons of rice or oatmeal cereal and a half jar of stage 1 baby food. She poops about every 2 or three days and she had normal wet diapers. She's not skinny either--her 6 month well visit revealed she was 16 lbs and 11 oz and 26 1/2 inches long. Is her regimen adequate or do I need to encourage more food? She eats to hunger, I guess I'm just paranoid. Any input would be great.

January 31st, 2006, 06:36 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I think you are doing just fine!! Up until a year old the primary nutrition for an infant comes from breast milk or formula. You could try giving her cereal and fruit in the morning as breakfast, then cereal and veggies at dinner, then cereal fruit and veggies at dinner. But if you don't do it thats ok too!! She seems to be a good weight and eating well.

I think you are doing a great job!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
January 31st, 2006, 08:16 AM
Ashes78
I agree with Christine. She sounds like she is growing good and you are doing a great job.
February 14th, 2006, 09:51 AM
ryansmama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't stress too much about the food issues, it sounds like your baby is doing great. Nurse her before meals because at this age breastmilk is still the best food for her, then feed her according to her interest level. She'll let you know when she's satisfied.

<span style="color:#CC0000">Marian Wright Edelman

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search