Question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Heidiree's Avatar Super Mommy
I know I don't come in here often... Sorry about that!

I do have a question about my son though.

He is 6 months 3 weeks.

I am feeding him 3 times a day solids... he will eat one full container each feeding and then we just started the puffs and freeze dried fruits and yogurts and about 2 oz of juice per day.

Is he getting too much food? Should he be having more bottles? He only has 4-5 bottles a day... around 4-6 oz each (more on the smaller size though)

I'm just worried he isn't getting enough bottles but he seems to be doing fine, though his weight gain has slowed down considerably and his pedi wasn't concerned at his 6 mos check up. Am I doing it right? He really prefers food to bottles!

February 17th, 2009, 06:25 AM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
we are going through the same thing with Katie now to tell you the truth.

if you ped is not concerned and baby is happy, then I wouldnt worry...

lately I have been putting some formula in a sippy cup just so she gets an extra ounce or 2 though ! lol

February 17th, 2009, 08:27 AM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
Abbey only gets 20oz a day of formula and eats solids 1-2 times a day. But she has some feeding issues but I agree, if your DR isn't concerned it should be fine.

February 17th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Heidiree's Avatar Super Mommy
Okay I feel better now then. I just get overly concerned as a FTM!

I will try putting some formula in a sippy cup, though he is not overly excited about the sippy cup at all... he'd rather have a bottle than that. LOL silly boy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search