My 9mo breastfed baby will NOT eat any baby foods..finger foods ONLY nurses Help?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Lovie's Avatar Veteran
So I have tried and tried and on a good day, she may take a couple small bites of a baby food..or banana but that is like 2x a week. She has lost 1/2 lb from her 7 month check up to her 9 month check up. She is 17lbs 15oz and 29 inches tall and looks pretty healthy just on the leaner side and she has tons of energy and seems completely fine. Her dr. said not to worry and to try more adult foods that are soft but she does not seem interested at all and I am worrying. Is it ok for a 9+ month old to strictly nurse and be healthy? I struggle with this issue each day. Please help me Thanks.
March 7th, 2009, 10:08 AM
HunterandLandonsmom's Avatar Super Mommy
i have heard this happen before, especially with Breastfed babies. Can't really blame the baby as breastmilk is so sweet and yummy. LOL. I'd just keep doing what you are doing and not push it. Some babies really are not ready until 1 or later. Yes, might not be common, but not unheard of. As long as you are nursing she is getting nutrients

March 8th, 2009, 04:54 PM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can totally relate! Jack is the same way and I am losing my mind over it. I don't know what to do either so at the least we can support each other!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search