He won't eat solids......

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2009, 03:51 PM
lillermom99's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi guys I need some help/ support. Jack my 7 month old (almost 8!) won't eat solids for me. Well I guess I should say he is totally hit or miss. Every once in awhile when I offer them to him he gobbles them all up and wants more and seems like he is loving it and then the other 75% of the time he wants nothing to do with them.

He loves finger foods though and currently gobbles up Gerber puffs, rice cakes, mum mums, cheerios. I don't routinely offer those to him though because I don't want him to wait for the "snack foods," and not eat the actually nutritious things. I mentioned this when I brought him in last week for a cold and the doctor seemed concerned that he didn't like to eat solids yet. He wants me to bring him back in for another check up to discuss why he won't eat solids. I don't know what to do!? I offer them at different times, different amounts, different tastes etc. I have tried feeding him the same thing for several days thinking he needs to get used to tasting the same thing. I have tried different textures, I have tried self feeding. He loves to feed himself puffs but doesnt want a thing to do with feeding himself bananas or veggies.

I am just so confused! HELP!

March 15th, 2009, 08:27 PM
MyDuckySam's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MyDuckySam
keep trying, just a little at a time. some kids take longer to accept something other than fluids on a regular basis. cut back on the snacky stuff, though.

could be he just doesn't like the smoother consistencym especially if he likes the puffs type stuff. try a stage 2 food or heck, a stage 3 food. dh's cousin's baby was eating chunkier foods WAY before Sam was and he's a year younger.

you can also try using Cheerios as a coating on fruits and veggies. he'd get the initial taste of Cheerios, but then the added benefit of a new food. (Cheerios make a GREAT coating to bananas so they dont' slip out of their fingers)

March 16th, 2009, 07:17 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I also just read about using graham crackers or wheat germ as a coating also.
I would just be patient and keep at it....try a chunkier food, let him feed himself even, put a s,all amount in his bowl and let him "find" it with his hands, it may be messy, but he may enjoy it and want more!
good luck and please KUP!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search