How should i prepare meat?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Enzo is almost 9 months old, and i still have not fed him meat. I dont know how to prepare it for him, and i guess im a little intimidated by it. How do you serve meats to your lo?

Thank you Sara (misfitinmn) for my awesome siggy!

March 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I read on a website (I think it was Wholesome Baby Food) to puree the cooked meat in a blender until it gets a little powdery and then add liquid as needed to make it into a puree. I haven't tried it yet since Lily hasn't had meat yet.

March 12th, 2009, 08:59 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I buy it in the jars , chicken and veggies, chicken and sweet potatoes etc....
I also cut up tiny tiny pieces of chicken and gave that to her as well

March 13th, 2009, 12:09 PM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i haven't made meat for Thea yet, but i used to work in a facility for disabled adults and they were on pureed diets so i made lots of 'baby food' every day. we did it just how Shelly said. after the meat was cooked (for a baby, i would just not use seasoning), we put it in the processor and added liquid to get the desired consistancy.
March 13th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have given Cam chicken. I boil the chicken, then I add like a few slices of apples/apricots and the some brown rice/little pastas and then I boil till it is all really tender and then I put it in the processor with the broth and blend it until it is at the consistency that he likes. He loves it! I have actually read that boneless chicken thighs are the meat with the most protein and healthy fats, but I use boneless chicken breasts. It usually makes a lot so I freeze it.

March 14th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, i will try giving him some meat this week.

Thank you Sara (misfitinmn) for my awesome siggy!

March 16th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Love.my.Roonie.'s Avatar Veteran
Meat imtimdates me too.

The only meat Spencer has had if from a jar of his baby food.
April 5th, 2009, 07:43 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
I know this is an old thread, but we've done meats a lot since Ben turned 6 months old. The amount of protein in the "mixed dinner" jars with meat included doesn't come close to the plain meats - you'd have to have like 6 jars of the mixed dinners to equal the protein in a plain meat (I learned that at work!). So I use the mixed meal jars sometimes, but mostly he gets plain meats. He has had ground up chicken breasts, and pureed ground chicken ...and the other night he just had cooked ground chicken in little chunks and did okay with it. I bought ground turkey and cooked that up and pureed it. Same with ground beef. He's had ham from the jar, but I haven't made any up for him myself yet. We'll see if I get to that.

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
April 6th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
I read on a website (I think it was Wholesome Baby Food) to puree the cooked meat in a blender until it gets a little powdery and then add liquid as needed to make it into a puree. I haven't tried it yet since Lily hasn't had meat yet.
That's exactly how I did it. I just boiled a skinless chicken breast (no seasoning). I also tried it with some top round roast. I freeze it in ice cube trays and usually mix one cube of veggies with one cube of the meat.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search