Food strike!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Raine has never been a big eater, and I've never made an issue out of it. I let her pretty well eat what she wants and how much of it she wants. Meal times are the same everyday and she either eats it or she doesn't, no big deal. She usually compensates buy eating one big meal and two small ones, plus snacks.

Lately she has been eating next to nothing. And I don't mean in a toddler picky sort of way. She has been eating no more then 2 or 3 bites of EVERY meal, and will only eat a multigrain cracker and/or a few grapes for snacks. She never ate much to begin with, and now that's less than 1/4 of what she was eating before. She has days like this, but it's been over a week. I thought maybe she was getting sick, but no signs yet. She drinks about 3 ozs of homo milk with meals, I've never swiched her to 2% because she doesn't eat too much, but now I'm wondering if I should cut the milk out all together for awhile and maybe she'll eat more. Though I know 3 ozs isn't very much milk.

She seems as healthy and happy as usual, she doesn't seem to be sick or teething. I don't know wether to be worried or not. I can't take her to the Drs, unless I take her to the ER at the hospital (LONG rant, don't ask, I've been waiting over 3 months for shots for her, I've called and e-mailed constantly, and when I go in, they tell me I have to call or email for an appointment...grrrr)

So ladies, I need your motherly instincts. Is something wrong with my peanut, or should I let it be for awhile? Any suggestions?

</div>
February 15th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Ashes78
Is she just too busy playing to eat? Zach used to get so busy playing that he wouldn't worry about eating. When he did eat he would just eat a little and say he was full so he could get back to playing. I would give it another week or so and see what happens. If she gets hungry, she will eat. Kids go through stages like that every so often.
February 15th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I sure hope it's just a stage. Really she is eating barely anything. She is a busy girl, but she never seems like she wants down from the table to play, she's just "Done Mommy". I dunno.

Yesterday she ate total:

Breakfast:
1 bite of an egg
1 slice of banana
1/4 piece of toast and about 3 ozs milk

Snack:
1 multigrain cracker
water

Lunch:
1 baby carrot
1 bite size peice of veggie dog
2 ozs milk

Snack:
2 pieces orange (usually she'd eat orange till she's sick if I'd let her)
Cranberry juice/water mix

Supper:
1 bite "chicken" (it's soy, we're vegetarians)nugget
1 bite brocolli
2/3 ozs milk

I made her all of her favorites, but nothing. I offered her smoothies and fruit, but she won't even look at it. I baked oatmeal muffins with walnuts and carrots but she won't look at them either. It just seems weird to me. I have a plate out on the coffee table with cheese, crackers and fruit, to let her munch at her own pace, but she doesn't touch it.

I hope it's just a phase.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search