She won't eat peas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
We first gave her peas to try last week. She hated them. I thought it was the consistency that she didn't like because peas aren't as smooth as the other purees. Or maybe she just didn't like the taste... Well we waited about a week and tried a couple more foods since then. I tried to give her peas again today. She ate a few more spoonfuls than she did last time but I could still tell she wasn't thrilled about them. Since she wouldn't eat the peas, I gave her prunes to try instead. She loves those.

Has anyone ever gone back to a food a couple times before their baby began to eat it? Or should I just give up and assume she just won't like peas?

May 9th, 2009, 12:09 PM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kyla was like that with butternut. when we first tried it she used to literally gag on it. she hated it. we waited a few weeks then tried it again and now she loves it. why dont you try mixing it with something. maybe then she would enjoy it more.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

May 9th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
What tastes good mixed with peas? Cereal?

May 9th, 2009, 10:17 PM
~DaemonMykailasMum~'s Avatar 1 of Each is such a Treat
I used to mix stuff with it.. I'd mix something more watery and sweet, like Sweet Potatoe or Squash.. Applesauce was even good with it.. and he loved it.. I would mix Peas with Applesauce, and alil bit of cereal and water.. I would make little cocktails of fruits, veggies, cereal and water lol

May 10th, 2009, 11:34 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would try the other veggies like carrots, sweet potatoe, butternut.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

May 11th, 2009, 07:17 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
Sometimes it can take a whole bunch of tries before a baby will take to a food - keep trying, especially at her age, she'll grow to like these things and hopefully be less of a picky eater once she gets older!

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
May 11th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
Thanks, ladies. She's liked everything she's had so far except for those peas. I worry that this is a sign that she won't like green vegetables. Peas are one of the easiest green veggies there is to eat and if she can't even tolerate them then how's she gonna eat the other stuff like broccoli, green beans, etc.

I think I'll try mixing it with carrots. Peas and carrots isn't a gross combo. I just hope they taste good together after being watered down, pureed, and mixed together....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search