We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
A thick, tasty soup the whole family can enjoy -- give baby her own bowl and bread fingers to dip in.
Makes 4 adult portions, or lots of baby portions.
1 dessertspoon oil
1 large onion, roughly chopped
4 medium carrots, grated
1 butternut squash, weighing around 900g, roughly chopped
1 litre water
Optional -: 2-3 tbsp single cream to serve.
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and fry the onion until lightly browned.
2. Add the carrots and squash and allow to sweat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Pour in the water and bring to the boil. Stir and cover.
4. Simmer for 25-30 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
5. Blend until really smooth.
6. Serve with fingers of toast or home made croutons, made by misting cubes of bread with oil and baking for 10 minutes in a hot (200C) oven.
7. If all the family are eating the soup, and the seasoning needs to be adjusted, do this after you have taken out baby's portion.