We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
This recipe is for children who have handled rice cereal and pureed fruits OK. It makes a great nutritious dinner that your child will not get sick of.
1 sweet potato
1 cob of fresh corn
1-2 tablespoons of frozen peas
2 corners (about 3 x 5 cm) of your favorite steak (when my husband and I cooked scotch fillet steak we took the well done corners off from each of our steaks and add them to this recipe)
1. Scrub the sweet potato and regular potatoes (even the clean ones) with a scrubbing brush and water until all soil is removed.
2. Pick all the potatoes with a skewer 3-5 times each and wrap in cling wrap and place on a plate.
3. Cook in the microwave, turning every 3 minutes. The regular potatoes will cook first so take them out at about 6-8 minutes or when you can slide a skewer through it. The sweet potato should take about 8-12 minutes depending on its size and your microwave power.
4. Cook the washed corn in the microwave too. Unwrapped on a plate for 5-8 minutes, turning regularly.
5. The peas can also be cooked in the microwave in ˝ cup of boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
6. For the steak, pan fry or BBQ with a light spray of canola oil on each side until cooked through (don’t run the risk of food poisoning, cook all meats through for a few more minutes).
7. Once the potatoes are cooked remove the skin from the potatoes by running a knife down the middle and pulling the skin apart with our thumbs (let it cool a little first) and place in a large plastic bowl or pan.
8. Remove the corn from the cob my holding the corn on its end and running the knife down to remove the kernels.
9. Also add the peas and the steak to the bowl.
10. Hand blend the mixture in the bowl with a hand blender, 2-3 tablespoon of water may be needed to get the right consistency. Blend until smooth for 6-9 month old leaving more lumps for old children to learn to chew.
11. Spoon 2-3 tablespoon into each zip lock bag remove air and freeze for up to 3 months.
12. When time to reheat remove from zip bag onto a microwave safe plate and heat for 30-130 seconds depending on microwave checking and stirring every 30 seconds.
13. Wrap child in plastic and have fun!