Baby Cereals

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2009, 09:43 PM
JennyBlossom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JennyBlossom
Hello! My LO will be starting solids in the near future and I am going to be home making her baby food. I probably will not be making the cereal though. But if I can find an easy recipe I might. My question is though, what kind of cereal is best? I never knew there were more cereals for babies besides rice cereal.... but there's oatmeal, barely, whole grain, single grain, mixed grain... Gerber even has an organic line of cereals.

What kind of baby cereal did/do you give your baby?

ETA: Kaylin has constipation issues already... I don't know if I even want to bother with the rice cereal, since it has been known to cause constipation.

Last edited by JennyBlossom; May 31st, 2009 at 10:14 PM.
May 31st, 2009, 09:52 PM
dee68's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to dee68
I started with rice, only to make sure she was not allergic....we only did it for a few days. It made her constipated so we went to oatmeal, after a week, we tried barley.
Oatmeal is her FAVORITE ! lol....gerber also makes a multigrain with yogurt....we use that too.
IMO, Gerber is smoother than some of the other brands out there...and the price is reasonable.

their cereals in the jars are awesome as well, even though Katie is older, she still LOVES her cereal/fruit mixes !

good luck and have fun !!!

June 1st, 2009, 08:05 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
The older the baby is when you introduce the cereal, the less the need to start with the less allergenic cereal (rice) - from what I've read. So since your LO is a little older, it's probably okay to skip rice cereal. My son only had rice once or twice, he loves his oatmeal. We have tried the Earths Best Organic and Gerber - he doesn't seem to care which one he gets. He does love his oatmeal though!

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
June 2nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
We've given Trinity HappyBellies and Earth's Best cereals...both organic if that's what you're going for. She loved them both.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search