Stage 2 Foods

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When did you start your LO on them? Our Ped said yesterday we could start her on them around 7 months.

June 11th, 2009, 10:32 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it was around 7 or 8 months. once we had given her a few weeks of stage 1.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

June 11th, 2009, 06:22 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
The stage 2 foods aren't really different from the stage 1...they just come in larger containers. The stage 3 foods have a slightly lumpier texture. I pretty much jumped right to stage 2 - but we didn't stay on "baby food" for long - he was pretty much getting lots of table food by the time he was 8-9 months old.

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
June 14th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
I agree about the difference between stage 1 and 2. The difference between the textures is minimal. The only thing different is that they have combinations of fruits and veggies. We started Trinity at 6 months after she had tried most of the stage 1 single ingredient foods.

June 15th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When did you go to stage 3 then?

June 15th, 2009, 08:03 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
We didn't use a lot of stage 3 foods (simply because there really aren't that many, honestly!), mostly I just used the meals for when I worked late and needed something quick to prepare for Ben. I would say that Ben was pretty much on table food for most of his meals by the time he was about 8.5-9 months old. So we probably did stage 3's during the early part of his 8th month.
The choking thing is scary, but as long as you give them small bits, they really will gum everything without any teeth. The first teeth they get aren't really for "chewing" anyways - the molars come in later.

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
June 27th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Tia loves her Trinity!
I haven't decided when we'll start stage 3 but I've been thinking about it alot lately cuz she seems to be "over" the thin, runny purees and liking the thicker textures. Most of the time I end up mixing her stage 2 food with cereal to thicken it up for her, or I just mash up fresh fruits/veggies. I guess she'll let you know when she's ready to move up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search