Not enough formula?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to heavenleighmommi
My DD is 6 months and a week or so old and I usually feed her 2 0z of baby food ( fruit) in the morning and 2 oz of baby food (something dinner like) in the evening. inbetween these meals she usually only drinks about 3 4oz bottles of milk. I read in the notes in here that she should be drinking around 20 something or 30 something ozs now. That is way more than she is drinking (which is on average 16 oz to 20 oz) is this really bad???? Is she eating way under what she should be or is she eating too much solids? This has me worried now and I dont know if I should mention it to the doctor or its normal? she doesnt seem to be upset or hungary and she is growing fine. She has always been a small baby. She was born 5'8lbs and now she is 16.5 lbs (dont know if that is small or normal). Should I be concerned?

March 11th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Ashes78
If she is gaining weight and everything is fine, I wouldn't worry.
March 11th, 2006, 06:16 AM
Veteran
My pedi says they should be eating (at 6 months) cereal in the morning and evening and 2 jars of babyfood in the day and 16-28 ounces of formula. I think that is alot, but take ques from your daughter. If she seems fussy you may want to add some feedings.

Emery is eating 3 times a day. I mix babyfood with cereal because he really doesnt like it thin. He takes 1/2-1 full stage 2 jar with enough cereal to thicken it up. And for formula he is taking 26 ounces (16-18 of those at night!). But he is going through a major growth spurt.

Oh yeah, Emery was born 5,9 and is now 16 which was 25% for boys. So she sounds fine.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search