solid food question x-posted

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Proud Happy Single Mom
I know every baby is different but IMO Emily is drinking too many bottles and not enough food. She'll eat anywhere from 5-6 (or more) 6oz+ bottles a day and I'm trying to slowly wean her from them plus at 11 months I'm going to start very slowly moving her to milk instead of formula.

How much solid food is your little one eating? Can you give me an example of a normal menu for your LO?

Emily does not eat "normal" food except for fruit so she's still 99% baby food. Today for lunch she only ate half a jar of stage 3 turkey and rice and 1 4oz jar of bananas. Now she's snacking on some apple. She has a history of not learning to stop so she keeps eating and eating until she vomits so just letting her go until she shows me a sign that it's enough food makes me nervous but I don't know what else to do
August 17th, 2009, 12:16 PM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well a typical for kyla is.
6am wake up-nurse
8am-cereal with EBM
11am-lunch(either 1/2 jar stage 3 fruit, or pasta or yoghurt)
2pm-snacks on cheese, crackers, yoghurt,or anything else my mom has in the fridge)
5 30pm-dinner-1/2 jar meat/veggies and 1/2 jar fruit.
6pm-nurse
all through the day-water

this is just an average day. Kyla honestly doesnt stop eating.

maybe try offering lots of small meals all through the day. a big hit for Kyla is crackers. she looooves them. also cheese.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

August 20th, 2009, 12:08 PM
spartyguard's Avatar Veteran
Until a year, breast milk and/or formula should be the main source of nutrition. Solids are just for fun & learning, not necessarily nutrition.

Maybe try letting her do more finger foods. It may be that she doesn't like the consistency of the baby food and that's why she doesn't eat much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search