Need Help!?!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi, I've never visited this board. I'm active on the June 2008PR board. I have a 15 month old who eats very well. She has reflux and just started on Zantac. We tried diet modifications that didn't work well.
Anyway, that's not what my question is. She isn't gaining weight well. She was 18lbs 4oz at her 12 month appt and is still the same at her 15 month appt. I can't understand why. She eats almost everything. She eats more veggies than I do! She doesn't vomit that much after meals (after we limit the amount she eats and the make sure she is upright after eating for at least 30 minutes). Her ped wants us to give her Pediasure or Carnation Instant Breakfast mixed with whole milk. She WILL NOT drink any kind of milk. She was 100% breastfed and only nurses now at night. She won't even take Breastmilk out of a cup. The only thing she will drink from a cup is water. She drinks about 15-20oz of water a day, but nothing else. The ped wants us to limit her fluid intake to after meals only, so she will eat more. She WILL not drink the Pediasure. What do you suggest I do to get her to drink it? I'm at my wits end! I don't want her to miss out nutritionally. She used to eat yougurt, but has now refused to eat it as well. She will eat cheese, but she can't get all her dairy from cheese alone. HELP!

~Thanks 3Daughters for my lovely siggy!~
September 17th, 2009, 10:37 AM
THE angry uterus
Maybe she has a dairy sensativity which is why she doesn't want to eat any of the dairy...

Anyway, I guess I don't have any answers for you, but I take my LO to a chiropractor for his GERD. It worked tons better then the zantac (which he kept out growing and his body kept re-adapting to). We almost never have problems with the relux anymore. Anyway, if your insurance pays for it, it might be worth looking into.

Also, my older children were tiny like that too. They were in the 75-90%ile for weight and height then all of a sudden they hit a year, started walking more, sleeping less, eating more solids with fewer calories then Breastmilk, and they were under 20# for at least the first 18 mo. I think its sounds normal for your daughter to have slowed her weight gain, especially since she isn't getting as much breast milk as before.
September 17th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, oliversmom, for the info.
Are there any other suggestions out there? I don't think she's dairy sensitive because she eats ice cream and drank whole milk for about 2weeks before she refused it. Go figure....

~Thanks 3Daughters for my lovely siggy!~
September 27th, 2009, 07:23 AM
The Jen's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't usually post here, but saw your question and wanted to chime in...

I have heard of kids self limiting dairy if there is a problem digesting it. The 2 weeks where she ate it may have been long enough for her to figure out it was bothering her tummy. My friends daughter is this way...refuses to drink milk or eat dairy products, even ice cream.

Interested in Cloth Diapers and other kid/baby products? Then Check out my store!! www.chickadeebabies.com
September 27th, 2009, 09:29 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds like my daughter. she wont drink any milk even BM, but will nurse no problem. i find she will take EBM if mixed in with her cereal.
could you maybe mix her pediasure with her cereal maybe?

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search