Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner?????

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 3rd, 2009, 03:52 PM
ScottishBrit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ScottishBrit
Hi everyone. I was just wondering If you can offer suggestions for meals for my LO. Cambria is almost 17 months but didn't even touch "Baby food" till she was 1. She wasn't on it long and I gave her a few bites of our food soon after. She LOVES Pasta ( of course right? ) but I feel like thats all I give her! Oh and she doesn't have a big appetite either. For Instance If I make the Pasta Pick ups that Lil container will last her 2-3 days! For breakfast she gets half a banana and almost a whole container of those Yobaby Yogurts. Fruits she likes mostly everything, Veggies she likes Corn,Peas,Carrot's. Ive given her Lunch meats and small bites of chicken but she chew's them forever and when she goes to swallow she chokes a Lil. Can you guys suggest some Ideas for foods other then Pasta? haha Thanks!
November 4th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm stalking your again. Oliver is a very picky eater too and it can be stressful for me. He will like something one day and not touch it the next 3 times it offered to him.

Does she like bread? You can do grilled cheese. What about soups? She might not eat that since she didn't like pureed foods. Mini pizza? Hummus and pita bread? I'm no help because I struggle to find something to feed Oliver every day. It was so much easier when he was 100% breastfed!
November 7th, 2009, 03:52 AM
*Fiona*
Ams, what about running meat through the blender so it's a bit finer? She may find it easier to eat, then you can gradually move onto mashing with a fork, then chopping.

I would be tempted to just offer her a portion of whatever you eat for dinner, as long as it's not high in salt/sugar
November 16th, 2009, 07:39 PM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
Yep, I just offer Ben whatever we're having, unless I know it's too spicy for him to handle. Sometimes he eats almost nothing, sometimes he gobbles it up. I just try to make it a rule to serve at least something I know he likes. He LOVES spaghetti (and I can sneak some meat into him this way), mac & cheese, chicken, sweet potato fries, etc. He also loves pasta like Cambria, and I usually try to mix in some chopped meat or veggies so he gets those as well.

For breakfast, I usually do whole wheat toast with a tiny bit of jelly, cut into strips. Or dry cereal. Or french toast sticks. Or blueberry pancakes. Or oatmeal. Ben is big on feeding himself, so I can't do a lot of things that have to be spoon fed, but I do give him yogurt every other day or so.

Ben doesn't have the healthiest diet, but I ALWAYS serve him a variety of things, even if I know he won't eat them. He doesn't usually eat his veggies very well, but I always give them to him and sometimes he surprises me! Just be persistent, even when it seems like she isn't eating anything, and try not to be a "short order cook" for her. She won't starve.

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
November 18th, 2009, 01:07 PM
*Fiona*
How is she getting on?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search