Roll Call - who's here? What stage are you at? How's it going?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2009, 02:05 PM
*Fiona*
Roll up... Roll up!!! Let's have your ages & stages!!

How old is your LO?
What stage of the weaning are you at? Starting solids? Trying new foods? Finger food? Feeding him/herself?
How is it going?
How do you feel about moving into this next phase?

For anyone who is weaning from the breast, stop by and share your experiences on the Weaning Board
November 28th, 2009, 05:37 AM
misfitinmn's Avatar little miss needs a nap
Send a message via AIM to misfitinmn
I'm here!
We are at the point of Ben totally feeding himself. We've been giving him spoons and forks to practice and he's kind of getting the hang of it now. He is totally 100% on table foods now, and he weaned himself off the breast a couple months ago ().

many thanks to trish for this cutest of siggies!
November 28th, 2009, 02:04 PM
*Fiona*
How old is your LO?
9.5months

What stage of the weaning are you at? Starting solids? Trying new foods? Finger food? Feeding him/herself?
Finger foods and still being fed by mummy & daddy

How is it going?
Great! Kirsty just loves her food!

How do you feel about moving into this next phase?
She's growing too fast but it's nice to see her learning new skills
November 28th, 2009, 09:40 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm lurking. Hi Fifi! Hi Sara!

November 29th, 2009, 12:24 AM
*Fiona*
Hurro Shan!!!

How are ya feeling??
November 29th, 2009, 11:15 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pretty good! Mighty' swollen!

November 29th, 2009, 12:11 PM
*Fiona*
Bless ya!!! I'm loving the new siggy!!!
November 29th, 2009, 12:19 PM
ANGWife
How old is your LO? 7 months

What stage of the weaning are you at? Starting solids? Trying new foods? Finger food? Feeding him/herself? He's FF. Eating stage 2 purees, only using puree as finger foods. Eats, fruits, veggies, and oatmeal.

How is it going? He eats great most of the time. I just don't know when to start with more solid foods.

How do you feel about moving into this next phase? I like that it makes it interesting. But it IS more of a pain than just making a bottle.
November 29th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Jodi Dawn's Avatar Host of the Jan-July 05 P
Send a message via Yahoo to Jodi Dawn
How old is your LO? 9 months

What stage of the weaning are you at? Starting solids? Trying new foods? Finger food? Feeding him/herself? Stage 3 and table foods

How is it going? pretty well

How do you feel about moving into this next phase? I feel great
November 30th, 2009, 01:40 AM
*Fiona*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGWife View Post
How is it going? He eats great most of the time. I just don't know when to start with more solid foods.
Do you mean introducing more varied foods or increasing the amount offered? How many "meals" per day are solids foods?
November 30th, 2009, 06:43 AM
ANGWife
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Fiona* View Post
Do you mean introducing more varied foods or increasing the amount offered? How many "meals" per day are solids foods?
Like when to give more finger foods, like cherrios, crackers, etc.
November 30th, 2009, 09:47 AM
*Fiona*
ahh ok, sorry! I would offer small chunks of soft cooked veggies or fruits, just anytime you feel he is ready. To begin with he'll most likely pick them up in his fist and not be able to get it into his mouth - the more he is offered, the more he will learn to use finger/thumb (pincer grip) and be able to feed himself.

Kirsty has just learned this in the past 2 weeks. But other babies in my PR have been doing it for a while. It really depends on the baby.
December 8th, 2009, 04:36 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ow old is your LO?17 months
What stage of the weaning are you at? Starting solids? Trying new foods? Finger food? Feeding him/herself?learning to feed herself
How is it going?good
How do you feel about moving into this next phase?excited

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

December 20th, 2009, 12:41 PM
amberrose22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to amberrose22 Send a message via Yahoo to amberrose22
How old is your LO? 6 months on Christmas day!
What stage of the weaning are you at? Starting solids? Trying new foods? Finger food? Feeding him/herself? She has been doing cereal very well for a couple weeks now and we're just about ready to start veggies and fruits (purees)
How is it going? I'll let you know!
How do you feel about moving into this next phase? Excited!! But she's growing up way to fast!
December 20th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is your LO? 30 weeks
What stage of the weaning are you at? pureed fruits and vegs, cereals, cookies, just started yogurt and starting meats this week-we're doing three meals a day
How is it going? really well
How do you feel about moving into this next phase? fine, in a few weeks we'll start adding more texture to their foods that I make instead of pureeing so fine
January 3rd, 2010, 03:32 PM
Mars's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old is your LO? just shy of 11 1/2 months old.
What stage of the weaning are you at? Starting solids? Trying new foods? Finger food? Feeding him/herself? Finger foods/feeding herself (with hands) and still trying new foods.
How is it going? It was going really well but now the little Missy does not want to eat squash, sweet or white potatoes and a few other foods. She wants to eat macaroni or rice with cheese and I usually add carrots, broccoli, peas or chicken to that. I make it from scratch with cheddar cheese. Fortunately she's still doing great with fruits.
How do you feel about moving into this next phase? We moving to table foods next and I hope that she's more open to her main foods. We can eat rice and pasta every day.

At Christmas, she tried ham and she likes that so I guess I can add ham to the list.

Thank you Helen for my beautiful siggy!
January 3rd, 2010, 07:00 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm kind of lurking I normally go to the ttc/aip boards.

How old is your LO? Just under 10 months.

What stage of the weaning are you at? Starting solids? Trying new foods? Finger food? Feeding him/herself? We are loosely following baby led weaning. We stopped purees completely about a month ago and except for formula he feeds himself finger foods and the healthier things that Mom and Dad eat.

How is it going? Its going well, he's a porker! We've yet to find anything he doesn't like.

How do you feel about moving into this next phase? I'm ready for it. I thought purees were ridiculous and he prefered to feed himself anyway. The only downside is that it means my little boy is growing up.
January 5th, 2010, 03:09 AM
*Fiona*
Mari, Kirsty has stopped eatring veggies since beginning self-feeding However, I found a way around it... she adores mashed potatoes, so I mashed carrot & peas through her potatoes a few nights ago and she ate the lot! If Amara has a favouritve veggie, perhaps you could try mashing potato with it!
January 8th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Haltia's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Haltia Send a message via MSN to Haltia
How old is your LO? 8 months!

What stage of the weaning are you at? Starting solids? Trying new foods? Finger food? Feeding him/herself? We are on 3 full meals a day, finger foods and Karl tries to self feed bless him!

How is it going?
Really well alot better than a month or two ago!

How do you feel about moving into this next phase? I feel a little sad that he will soon be a self feeder and moving from bottles to cup
January 9th, 2010, 02:29 AM
*Fiona*
That's great Karl is doing so well now, Emma!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search