Have you seen this article? Baby feeding myths

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Baby Food/Feeding Support LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2009, 02:32 PM
n/a
Maybe someone has posted this before but here it is:
Experts seek to debunk baby food myths - Kids and parenting- msnbc.com

It was written in 2005 so it is a bit old, but I have always agreed with some of what it has to say. It is so weird how in the US they say we can't give babies x, y, and z too "early", yet babies in other countries eat it at 6 months of age and do just fine! Jack is going to have some Indian food and curry before he is one years old, just like I did and he will LIKE it! Muhahaha! I snarfed that stuff along with a mango lassi for lunch at least 3 times a week when I was preggo!
December 2nd, 2009, 01:43 AM
*Fiona*
I found through my PR that there are a whole lot of different recommendations between the UK and overseas on what to do and when!

I guess foods related to your personal culture would be commonly introduced earlier than another culture. I'd never really thought about offering spicy foods to Kirsty, because I don't eat spicy foods... there's no reason why I shouldn't though! Interesting read!!
December 2nd, 2009, 05:33 AM
Sweetie Karen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is interesting, I find the differences between countries fascinating

I think at the end of the day you have to go with whats best for you and your baby and as long as your careful you should be just fine
December 2nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
That was a really great article, thanks for posting it! That really goes along well with how we feed our son. He has never had rice cereals or any of that, he went straight to table food eating exactly what we were, in the same form we were eating it. We just cut the salt out of our cooking and bought everything low sodium. I figure he is going to be eating like this in the future might as well start him out this way since he is perfectly capable.

He has had smooth peanut butter (we have no family history of allergies to anything at all), one of his first foods was actually indian food, we let him try some chicken korma and chicken tikka masala (we got them a little milder than we normally would) with rice and he loved it. He just guzzled some extra water with dinner and nursed a little after, but really he couldn't get enough of it. He loves spicy food, and any other food for that matter.
December 3rd, 2009, 09:12 AM
n/a
That's good to know Aimee! I want Jack to take to foods easily too. When my brother and I were little, we would knaw on shrimp, and I love seafood now. I have always had eclectic taste and I hope Jack is the same way, at the very least for the convenience of giving him what we usually eat.
December 3rd, 2009, 09:14 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It really makes perfect sense. I agree!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search